Todays Weekly Finds - 10 boxes yields 46 silvers 4.6 per box

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Since half of my weekly 20 boxes came in on Monday, I only got to pick up 10 today. 32 '65-'69 40%, 8 '64 90%, 3 Bens '48D '60D '62D, 3 Walkers '45 '45D '45S. Got my very first walking liberty ender, figure I'd go ahead and call it a "wender" haha.
IMG_20120516_151110.jpg
IMG_20120516_174920.jpg

I picked up one these guys today for only $19.99 at Harbor Freight. This is the answer to all of my problems while picking up and dumping! No more running back to the car multiple times! HH
IMG_20120516_173935.jpg

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm new and not sure if this has come up in conversation before... are you ever worried about someone following you home from the bank one day? That is a lot of money to haul in and out of your car. Do you ever feel sketched out moving it in and out? Good finds!

Valuable Coin Collection Stolen From Elderly Couple | NBC4 Washington

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
If I were doing that large of volume, i'd for sure be open carrying.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were doing that large of volume, i'd for sure be open carrying.

I have never understood open carry. If the bad guy wants your stuff bad enough he is just going to come up behind and cap you when you are not looking. Tactically, always best to keep a low profile.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
namster said:
I have never understood open carry. If the bad guy wants your stuff bad enough he is just going to come up behind and cap you when you are not looking. Tactically, always best to keep a low profile.

Well...if they are going to shoot you...they are going to shoot you.
If they see you have a pistol...that might make then thunk twice.
If you don't have one, or they don't know you have one...they can still "come up behind you and cap you". Open carry just let's them know...they might get capped back.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...if they are going to shoot you...they are going to shoot you.
If they see you have a pistol...that might make then thunk twice.
If you don't have one, or they don't know you have one...they can still "come up behind you and cap you". Open carry just let's them know...they might get capped back.

Open carry lets them know they will need to make their plans dark as night and strike like thunderbolt. I maintain, OC is tactically unwise. You are in Kentucky, why not get your CCW?

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
namster said:
Open carry lets them know they will need to make their plans dark as night and strike like thunderbolt. I maintain, OC is tactically unwise. You are in Kentucky, why not get your CCW?

Yeah I agree some what. Both have pros. I always think that when some punk pulls a knife on me they would think I was going for my wallet when I'm concealing ;)
But I don't have my ccw lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread