Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Dec 2006
    Western NY
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surfmaster
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    So far, it's been 24 years at the same branch of HSBC (formerly Marine Midland) and 34 years with the same bank overall. I don't know how much longer it's going to last as the bank has been sold and I don't know if Key Bank will allow me to exchange coin. I'm planning on opening a savings account (minimum balance of $300 for no fees) with them right after they switch. Right now the tellers are saying that they will keep exchanging with me unless Key Bank says no. Unfortunately, they were the first bank to say no to me, back in 1979, which is why I switched to Marine Midland.

Scott

May 2012
    Canada
    6 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    I have had my weekly order for a little over 5 months. No problems yet, let's just hope it stays that way.

Like EE said above, the biggest problem is dumping coin. I rotate between five branches to dump each week, so each branch only sees me about once a month. Also, when I go out of town, I try to dump there as well.
    Videos of all my coin roll hunting finds can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaCoinHunting
    Check out my blog: http://www.canadacoinhunting.blogspot.com

us
    Mar 2012
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 Garrett Ace 250
    1503 times
    Coin Roll Hunting/ Metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCoinHunting View Post
    I have had my weekly order for a little over 5 months. No problems yet, let's just hope it stays that way.

Like EE said above, the biggest problem is dumping coin. I rotate between five branches to dump each week, so each branch only sees me about once a month. Also, when I go out of town, I try to dump there as well.
    Yes, you do have to be creative when dumping, i agree, I use BofA to dump, they allways say its no problem and bring in what I want but I allways wonder how long it will last. I too will take some to dump, if we go some where farther away for shopping or something, and find a branch to walk into and exchange for my cash back. Thanks for the reply.

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    BoA hates returned coin. Dont expect it to last long.

us
    Apr 2012
    East Coast
    130 times
    US Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by namster
    BoA hates returned coin. Dont expect it to last long.
    I've noticed that also. BofA is my main bank. I have multiple savings and checkings with them but some tellers still treat me like a felon when I cash in rolls. They should just get a counting machine. Heck the bank is big enough.
    Totals:
    Amount Searched as of 05/7/13 - $24,087.50

90% Kennedy - x15
    40% Kennedy - x44
    Franklin - x10
    Walker - x6
    Roosevelt - x38
    Mercury - x3
    War Nickel - x4
    Buffalo Nickel - x4

= 1 New CRH Find

us
    Mar 2012
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 Garrett Ace 250
    1503 times
    Coin Roll Hunting/ Metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by usernameerror View Post
    I've noticed that also. BofA is my main bank. I have multiple savings and checkings with them but some tellers still treat me like a felon when I cash in rolls. They should just get a counting machine. Heck the bank is big enough.
    Yes, I wish they had a counting machine, I don't have any around me. I talked to the head teller and told her my family and I collect coins and I would be bringing in change every so often(1000 or so) she said I could bring in a bag, but, it was 3% fee, or roll it up up and bring as much as I want, I only bring them a 1000 once every 3 weeks, and they hold 2 of my mortgaes savings, checking ect. I've been doing this for 4-5 months now and they still seem very cool with it, I do think much more than a 1000 at a time would wear thin fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors