What is the longest time youve been able to order from a bank?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the longest time you've been able to order from a bank?

So I'm just wondering how long you've been able to order boxes from your bank before they have said anything to you about fees or limiting your boxes per week and such? Are there people that have ordered from the same bank for years? It seems like I'm seeing people now saying alot about fees and not being able to order anymore from their bank and having to switch. Thanks.

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Been ordering since January from one and February from 2 others.

Bank 1 orders me 2 boxes every 2 weeks.
Bank 2 orders me 2 boxes one week ( to coincide with bank 1 ) and orders me 3 boxes on the week bank 1 doesnt supply me with boxes
Bank 3 gives me 3 boxes a week.

So I get 6 boxes one week and 7 the next.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since January 17, 2010... I have since established a weekly order, this bank has not skipped a weekly order yet, and I have had this weekly order for 6 months now!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the repleys, I have been ordering from the same bank ( only 2 boxes a week) for 4 months, and the tellers there like me because I bring them homemade goodies, but I was told 2 weeks ago that they could only order twice a month for me because it cost to much. One teller told me that I should try the other branch on the other side of town because they get deliveries every week, so I did, and the vault manager said she could order what ever I wanted for tues and thurs, so now I can get 2 boxes from bank 1 every 2 weeks and 2 boxes from bank 2 every week ( for a total of 2 boxes 1 week and 4 boxes the next) just curious how long bank 2 is going to let me keep buying every week. I see many people who do much more volume on here, ( would love to myself) but I dont feel right trying to get more than 2 - 4 boxes from a bank at a time in 1 week. I don't do much more because I average out of my 2 boxes about 20-25 silvers ( ussually 1 or 2 in one box and the other will have 18-20) I know thats a wierd average, but thats how its been here, and yes have had 5-6 box skunk streaks too. Thanks again.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
The biggest issue I have found is not acquiring the boxes, its dumping the searched clad.

At a credit union, I dump $500 one week and $1000 the next
At another bank I dump $1000 a week ( Pick up dimes and nickels )
At another bank I dump $1000 a week
And at yet another bank, I split up a box, dumping $250 at each of its branches plus any dimes and nickels I get from one of my dump banks. I pick up SBA's, Ikes and Gold Dollars from them and they love me for it. I use the Gold Dollars to fill up the gas tank after searching for errors, I sometimes get some SBA's sold on Craigslist and I sell all Ikes on Craigslist. What SBA's I dont sell, I can give to a teller at one of my buy banks and she gives them to an old lady who buys them for her grandchildren.

I have a pretty good relationship with my banks and I try not to push my luck with them.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The biggest issue I have found is not acquiring the boxes, its dumping the searched clad.

At a credit union, I dump $500 one week and $1000 the next
At another bank I dump $1000 a week ( Pick up dimes and nickels )
At another bank I dump $1000 a week
And at yet another bank, I split up a box, dumping $250 at each of its branches plus any dimes and nickels I get from one of my dump banks. I pick up SBA's, Ikes and Gold Dollars from them and they love me for it. I use the Gold Dollars to fill up the gas tank after searching for errors, I sometimes get some SBA's sold on Craigslist and I sell all Ikes on Craigslist. What SBA's I dont sell, I can give to a teller at one of my buy banks and she gives them to an old lady who buys them for her grandchildren.

I have a pretty good relationship with my banks and I try not to push my luck with them.

I use 1 bank to dump( 3 separate branches) each week 1000 that I reroll in wrapers from the bank. They all say if I bring them in rolled up I can bring what ever I want in( I only bring 1000 to each 1 a week and the first week of the month pay my mortgage with 1 of my dumps) and it is best to bring in the halves in 1000 dollar increments so they can ship them right out. So each bank gets a visit once every 3 weeks from me. That works great so far.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Years and Years. Probably close to 10 years since I last moved. Besides my weekly order, my bank calls me to ask if they can order more for other days besides my weekly order. It gets to be annoying to get the calls.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since around 2007 for my credit union. If you have a credit union in your area and are eligible to open an account there, do it. Credit unions are much better than banks (at least in my experience) because each and every member is a stakeholder and they actually want your business.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since around 2007 for my credit union. If you have a credit union in your area and are eligible to open an account there, do it. Credit unions are much better than banks (at least in my experience) because each and every member is a stakeholder and they actually want your business.

My experience has been totally opposite. The CU I belonged to treated me terribly, so I closed the accounts.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the response, this new branch of the bank seems to be fine with me ordering once or twice a week for what I need, but I'm just gona stick with once a week for my orders. I couldn't do much more between work, wife and kids, even though they love opening them, I'm the one who gets stuck rewrapping them. I see you are only a couple of hours away from me, me and my family have been there a couple of times, we did the midnight ghost tour, nice place to visit.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks, I've heard good and bad about the CU, I have a couple around me, but have never checked into them.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Years and Years. Probably close to 10 years since I last moved. Besides my weekly order, my bank calls me to ask if they can order more for other days besides my weekly order. It gets to be annoying to get the calls.

Thanks for the response, this new branch of the bank seems to be fine with me ordering once or twice a week for what I need, but I'm just gona stick with once a week for my orders. I couldn't do much more between work, wife and kids, even though they love opening them, I'm the one who gets stuck rewrapping them. I see you are only a couple of hours away from me, me and my family have been there a couple of times, we did the midnight ghost tour, nice place to visit.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
My CU is going to be my new dump bank. They open at 8am so it's good for my work schedule. They never have any rolls of coins and supposedly can't order boxes. Other than that the tellers are nice.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
My CU is going to be my new dump bank. They open at 8am so it's good for my work schedule. They never have any rolls of coins and supposedly can't order boxes. Other than that the tellers are nice.

My CU can't order boxes either. They never have halfs, but have an ample supply of quarters and usually have lots of dimes. They can sell me their bags, but I think the machine rejects silver, as I picked up a bag of dimes and it looks like it is a skunk (there was a silver dime in the reject slot, but I thought it could just have been accidentally rejected.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far, it's been 24 years at the same branch of HSBC (formerly Marine Midland) and 34 years with the same bank overall. I don't know how much longer it's going to last as the bank has been sold and I don't know if Key Bank will allow me to exchange coin. I'm planning on opening a savings account (minimum balance of $300 for no fees) with them right after they switch. Right now the tellers are saying that they will keep exchanging with me unless Key Bank says no. Unfortunately, they were the first bank to say no to me, back in 1979, which is why I switched to Marine Midland.

Scott

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had my weekly order for a little over 5 months. No problems yet, let's just hope it stays that way.

Like EE said above, the biggest problem is dumping coin. I rotate between five branches to dump each week, so each branch only sees me about once a month. Also, when I go out of town, I try to dump there as well.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had my weekly order for a little over 5 months. No problems yet, let's just hope it stays that way.

Like EE said above, the biggest problem is dumping coin. I rotate between five branches to dump each week, so each branch only sees me about once a month. Also, when I go out of town, I try to dump there as well.

Yes, you do have to be creative when dumping, i agree, I use BofA to dump, they allways say its no problem and bring in what I want but I allways wonder how long it will last. I too will take some to dump, if we go some where farther away for shopping or something, and find a branch to walk into and exchange for my cash back. Thanks for the reply.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
namster said:
BoA hates returned coin. Dont expect it to last long.

I've noticed that also. BofA is my main bank. I have multiple savings and checkings with them but some tellers still treat me like a felon when I cash in rolls. They should just get a counting machine. Heck the bank is big enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread