what do i do?

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I just order them...Not sure if they check the account balance to see if you have the dough. I pay in cash when I pick them up, so I'm not sure if it matters....

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
WS, if you have an account at the bank with enough money you can order them yourself. Or, if you dont have an account but your parent(s) do then you can still order a box but your mom or dad will have to be there to take out his or her own money. (Unless you have permission). Also, some banks will let you order with out an account (very rarely) but you then have to pay in cash. Of course when picking up a box you can use cash, withdrawel, anything. Hope this helps!

Im not sure about the dollar coin bags.

soldierman

May 18, 2006
I have only found one bank that will order halves for me. And I don't have an account there yet. They never asked. I am going to open one there soon though. I have a standing order for one box per week.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
So far the all the banks in my 3 state area were agreed that you could not specifically ask for a certain kind of dollar coin. I had 8 different banks ask their armored car companies, they all said they can only bring saq and susan B's. The armored car companies said it was possible that sometimes they get the Eisenhowers, but doesn't happen very often. Usually if they get em its an accumulation from a bank on one of thier stops. IF they did get them they are in such high demand they have banks on a standing order list if they get a full bag of them.

Not sure if this applies to your location, but I would say it's probably the same.

Rev

OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the good thing is the people know me. so when i asked last time if they had and half's she said...
"no sorry, but i do have these old Eisenhower dollars i can get them if you like"
so hopefully i may be able to snag a bag

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
I ordered a box of halves from my local bank last week. They called and said it came in.
I went to the bank to pick them up. At the teller window, the TELLER WAS SEARCHING THRU THE LAST ROLLS OF HALVES just before she handed me the box. I TOLD THEM WHERE TO STUFF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
midas777gold said:
I ordered a box of halves from my local bank last week. They called and said it came in.
I went to the bank to pick them up. At the teller window, the TELLER WAS SEARCHING THRU THE LAST ROLLS OF HALVES just before she handed me the box. I TOLD THEM WHERE TO STUFF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you find any silver in that box. and next time ask them not to look through your box

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
No, I didn't take the box because the teller had picked out all the silver halves. There was a stack of about 30 silver ones on the counter!!!!!!!!!
I was at another bank last week and asked for 3 rolls of halves The teller there then proceeded to open the rolls and pick out the siver ones. I told her to stick it.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking of starting coin roll hunting.Is there any way to tell if the rolls have been opened when you get them?

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
If you order boxes of halves(or other denominations) the box should be sealed(taped)shut. The rolls should be machine rolled. You can tell by the paper being rolled over on both ends with the end coins showing. If someone has unrolled it and put coin back in, they probably would have folded the paper back over.

If you get hand rolled coin from the tellers, there is no way to tell if has been gone thru. It could have been rolled by a customer or by the teller. The crisper the paper on the ends the less times the roll has been opened and rerolled.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply.I'm probably going to order a box of halves Friday. That teller got a lot of nerve opening them up.What do they think you ordered them for?Spare change?

OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wonder what the teller would of said when they handed you the box and said no thanks i think ill just take those over there.

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
I just ordered my 3rd box. it's easy just ask

The big issue is after you ordered them, searched thru them, what do you do to get rid of them.

Most banks are reluctant to take them back, either rolled or loose.

I set up two extra accounts with credit unions who take change in their deposit. One credit union has seven branches. So i will have actually eight (8) places to get rid of my now searched coins.

Yipppppeee. by the way the first two boxes were sealed and well worth searching. I figure for every 1000 dollars i get a 10% return for my troubles. Not bad huh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread