Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    May 2012
    Canada
    62
    6 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

    My Best Nickel Box Ever

    Heys guys. Just thought I would share the results of the nickel box that I went through this weekend. I ended up with 206 99.9% nickels before 1982, which is a little bit more than I usually get. However, I also found 8 King George V nickels, which are the first ones that I have ever found while coin roll hunting! I also found 18 pre-1963 Canadian nickels, including a 1940 and a 1941 King George VI, and a 1939 American nickel. Sorry about the quality of the images.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingvreverse.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	349.0 KB 
ID:	638130

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingvobverse.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	638131

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nickels.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	347.1 KB 
ID:	638132
    Videos of all my coin roll hunting finds can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaCoinHunting
    Check out my blog: http://www.canadacoinhunting.blogspot.com

  2. #2
    us
    May 2011
    Eastern Iowa
    739
    15 times
    You hosers sure have been rocking the house lately. Keep at it!
    Totals:
    FDR Dimes
    289
    Winged Liberty
    Head Dimes
    23
    Walking Halves
    1

    JFK 40% Halves
    103

    JFK 90% Halves
    20
    Franklin
    Halves
    2
    War Nickels
    21

    Washington Silver
    Quarters
    2
    Foreign
    Silver Dimes
    10
    Silver Averages:
    Dimes: 1.370/box
    War Nickels: 0.583/box

  3. #3
    us
    The Mad CRH

    Mar 2011
    KY
    153
    18 times
    I wish I could live in Canada for a month. I'm obsessed with the pre 82 nickels. Gotta love pure bullion. As an American I think they are a great investment:

    1) Nickel was at $25 a pound at one point making each nickel worth 25 cents.

    2) If the dollar really sinks then the exchange rate may be favorable to exchange the can$ for USD.

    3) The Canadian mint is actively pulling these so in a few years they may be uncommon or rare.

    Excellent vehicle for investment if you ask me!

  4. #4
    ca
    Dec 2011
    503
    20 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Awesome box indeed. I never got more than 3 KGV in one box. Good score on 12 sided nickels too. Check out the 1962s for the double date variety.
    You even got the first year of nickel nickels which is 1922. Go back to that bank and clear all other denominations except of loonies and toonies.
    2012 Goals
    2000/2000 nickels
    0/5 Mercury dimes
    0/10 Tombac nickels
    0/10 War Nickels
    0/1 Silver dollar
    3/2 Silver half-dollar
    14/100 silver dime
    1/10 George V nickel
    150/100 Wheat cents
    2/5 Indian Head Penny
    1/1 2006 no P magnetic
    4/4 Clipped planchet
    1/1 Blank planchet

  5. #5
    us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

    Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    7,253
    1256 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    nice box, i saw your videos, keep them posted, I really like to watch them!
    HH
    Buff
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

  6. #6

    May 2012
    Canada
    62
    6 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok Holliday View Post
    You hosers sure have been rocking the house lately. Keep at it!
    Thanks DH!

    Quote Originally Posted by lovewiibrew View Post
    I wish I could live in Canada for a month. I'm obsessed with the pre 82 nickels. Gotta love pure bullion. As an American I think they are a great investment:

    1) Nickel was at $25 a pound at one point making each nickel worth 25 cents.

    2) If the dollar really sinks then the exchange rate may be favorable to exchange the can$ for USD.

    3) The Canadian mint is actively pulling these so in a few years they may be uncommon or rare.

    Excellent vehicle for investment if you ask me!
    I agree. I have only recently started to really go after the 99.9% and want to do more in the way of nickels. I feel I am in a race with the Mint to get as many as I can before they get them all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian hunter View Post
    Awesome box indeed. I never got more than 3 KGV in one box. Good score on 12 sided nickels too. Check out the 1962s for the double date variety.
    You even got the first year of nickel nickels which is 1922. Go back to that bank and clear all other denominations except of loonies and toonies.
    Thank you for the information about the 1962s CH. If I had the funds, I would purchase at least a few more penny and nickel boxes there. Might have to make a trip for at least one more nickel box though!

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBoy View Post
    nice box, i saw your videos, keep them posted, I really like to watch them!
    HH
    Buff
    Thank you! Glad that you enjoy them. My brother and I thought we might as well throw some videos up to document what we find.
    Videos of all my coin roll hunting finds can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaCoinHunting
    Check out my blog: http://www.canadacoinhunting.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    ca
    Dec 2011
    503
    20 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Same here man, it's a race, not a competition. The Mint is the 90% of competition. While in US it is all about many CRH, here we have a one big competitor, which is mint. Also, keep in mind that Garda is culling .999 nickels.
    2012 Goals
    2000/2000 nickels
    0/5 Mercury dimes
    0/10 Tombac nickels
    0/10 War Nickels
    0/1 Silver dollar
    3/2 Silver half-dollar
    14/100 silver dime
    1/10 George V nickel
    150/100 Wheat cents
    2/5 Indian Head Penny
    1/1 2006 no P magnetic
    4/4 Clipped planchet
    1/1 Blank planchet

 

 

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: Nov 12, 2009, 07:41 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 27, 2008, 12:20 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2008, 05:28 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Feb 12, 2007, 09:29 PM

Search tags for this page

100 dollar nickel box
,

1963 canadian penny

,

1963 double date nickel

,

best nickel

,
box of nickels from the bank
,
buffalo nickel box
,
coin/king george vi/1940/canadian nickel
,
coolest nickel board ever
,

nickel box

,
silver dimes crh 2012
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3