My Best Nickel Box Ever

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Heys guys. Just thought I would share the results of the nickel box that I went through this weekend. I ended up with 206 99.9% nickels before 1982, which is a little bit more than I usually get. However, I also found 8 King George V nickels, which are the first ones that I have ever found while coin roll hunting! I also found 18 pre-1963 Canadian nickels, including a 1940 and a 1941 King George VI, and a 1939 American nickel. Sorry about the quality of the images.

kingvreverse.jpg

kingvobverse.jpg

nickels.jpg

Upvote 0

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
I wish I could live in Canada for a month. I'm obsessed with the pre 82 nickels. Gotta love pure bullion. As an American I think they are a great investment:

1) Nickel was at $25 a pound at one point making each nickel worth 25 cents.

2) If the dollar really sinks then the exchange rate may be favorable to exchange the can$ for USD.

3) The Canadian mint is actively pulling these so in a few years they may be uncommon or rare.

Excellent vehicle for investment if you ask me!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome box indeed. I never got more than 3 KGV in one box. Good score on 12 sided nickels too. Check out the 1962s for the double date variety.
You even got the first year of nickel nickels which is 1922. Go back to that bank and clear all other denominations except of loonies and toonies.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice box, i saw your videos, keep them posted, I really like to watch them!
HH
Buff

OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
You hosers sure have been rocking the house lately. Keep at it!

Thanks DH!

I wish I could live in Canada for a month. I'm obsessed with the pre 82 nickels. Gotta love pure bullion. As an American I think they are a great investment:

1) Nickel was at $25 a pound at one point making each nickel worth 25 cents.

2) If the dollar really sinks then the exchange rate may be favorable to exchange the can$ for USD.

3) The Canadian mint is actively pulling these so in a few years they may be uncommon or rare.

Excellent vehicle for investment if you ask me!

I agree. I have only recently started to really go after the 99.9% and want to do more in the way of nickels. I feel I am in a race with the Mint to get as many as I can before they get them all.

Awesome box indeed. I never got more than 3 KGV in one box. Good score on 12 sided nickels too. Check out the 1962s for the double date variety.
You even got the first year of nickel nickels which is 1922. Go back to that bank and clear all other denominations except of loonies and toonies.

Thank you for the information about the 1962s CH. If I had the funds, I would purchase at least a few more penny and nickel boxes there. Might have to make a trip for at least one more nickel box though!

nice box, i saw your videos, keep them posted, I really like to watch them!
HH
Buff

Thank you! Glad that you enjoy them. My brother and I thought we might as well throw some videos up to document what we find.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Same here man, it's a race, not a competition. The Mint is the 90% of competition. While in US it is all about many CRH, here we have a one big competitor, which is mint. Also, keep in mind that Garda is culling .999 nickels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread