I had my Wheaties today! 68 in fact from 1 box.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best penny box ever today gave me an amazing 68 Wheat cents. This is a new personal record for me. The oldest date is 1916s. I can't believe how many s mint marks there are. A total of 761 copper cents. That's 30.4% cu per box with an avg of 15.2 cu per roll. There was also 8 Canadians, 47 Shield & 5 Bi-Centennial. I wish every box had this many Wheaties. FYI, it was a Garda box.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice!!! garda boxes have been below the average for me, I am currently averaging 12.3 wheats per garda box, though I have just recently been doing garda boxes.
HH
Buff
p.s. my personal best box was 52

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that bods well for NJ hockey!!!

Most wheaties I ever found in one box was 18. That's a great box. congrats!!!

jack584

May 29, 2011
nice!!! garda boxes have been below the average for me, I am currently averaging 12.3 wheats per garda box, though I have just recently been doing garda boxes.
HH
Buff
p.s. my personal best box was 52

Wow I did two Garda boxes over the weekend and each one had only 7 Wheats. I'm never doing pennies again.

jack584

May 29, 2011
what is a garda box?

It is the armored car company that rolls and delivers the coin.

Ex.
Garda box=box rolled/delivered by Garda
Brinks box=box rolled/delivered by Brinks
Loomis box=box rolled/delivered by Loomis

Different banks use different armored car services.
Some areas one armored company will have terrible results, but other areas they could have the best results. All depends on your area.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
My best penny box ever today gave me an amazing 68 Wheat cents. This is a new personal record for me. The oldest date is 1916s. I can't believe how many s mint marks there are. A total of 761 copper cents. That's 30.4% cu per box with an avg of 15.2 cu per roll. There was also 8 Canadians, 47 Shield & 5 Bi-Centennial. I wish every box had this many Wheaties. FYI, it was a Garda box.

That is good. I think before you found them you had a delicious breakfast with some cereal and milk. My best box contained somewhere between 1 and 1.5 rolls of wheats. Both rolls contained approximately 30 wheats in then and had a writing. Guess what, in the same bundle I got 3 full rolls of KG VI pennies.
Can you post pics? Best of luck to you in penny hunting!

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't forget Dunbar Armored Service. Usually some BOA use their service. Anyway, I had 20 boxes of cents & finally got around to opening them. There are Wheat cents galore. Although pennies are the most time consuming, I enjoy doing them as you find a wide variety of different coins. One of my goals is to find major key dates like a 1909S VDB or 1922 plain.

tkessler77

Mar 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Other
have you ever put a 1943 penny next to a hard drive magnet? its lots of fun. you just need to destroy a hard drive.

jack584

May 29, 2011
And don't forget Dunbar Armored Service. Usually some BOA use their service. Anyway, I had 20 boxes of cents & finally got around to opening them. There are Wheat cents galore. Although pennies are the most time consuming, I enjoy doing them as you find a wide variety of different coins. One of my goals is to find major key dates like a 1909S VDB or 1922 plain.

20 FULL BOXES OF CENTS?????????????? That must have taken you days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are good boxes man, I usually average 20 or so a box around here. There was a post from a guy on here awhile back where he had hit the 20,000 wheat mark, I forget how many boxes. Anyways it was interesting to see averages since those are probably true averages with that large a sample size. He found like 20 IHs (damn those are scarce), 2 flying eagle cents, and a whole roll of 1909VDBs (not S). I've been doing cents now too, I'm really hoping to find a 1983 reverse double die

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent score. Any chance we could get a pic of the haul?

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this time I don't know how to do pics on here. Any help would be appreciated. FYI, I only use a Smart Phone.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
The Jersey DEvil said:
At this time I don't know how to do pics on here. Any help would be appreciated. FYI, I only use a Smart Phone.

when u post down at the bottom it says attachment just click it and insert pictures

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread