"Our central vault pulls out of the silver coins."

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
"Our central vault pulls out all of the silver coins."

This is what I was told by a snobby teller at a Wells Fargo near by my home. Half of my weekly order didn't come in today, so I was itchin for a fix. This Wells Fargo had 1 sealed box of halves someone ordered and never picked up, so I bought it along with $190 in CWR. Too bad for that teller I pulled 3 40% and a AU58-MS61 frosty 1963D bender out of that box! There was also 1 40% in the $190 of CWR. I haven't heard a tellers tall tale in a quite a while, so I thought it was hilarious. :laughing9:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, I was going to say that was rubbish. Do they actually think we believe when they say they have someone sitting at a desk sorting through coins looking for silver.....

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of them don't know 65-70 are 40% silver. Thank god!!

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I heard a similar story from a BofA teller a few weeks ago when I asked about ordering a box of halves I believe the box she ordered for me proved her wrong

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you post that Ben? love to see it.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its true, the super cereal secret main vault pulls all the silver and plutonium coins.

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
can you post that Ben? love to see it.

Definitely. Here she is:
IMG_20120523_215329.jpg
IMG_20120523_215358.jpg
Might not be a higher AU now that I can see it up close. I took this on my phone, you can start to see the refresh rate from being so close haha.

Its true, the super cereal secret main vault pulls all the silver and plutonium coins.

Don't forget about the astatine coins.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a beaut. Definitely beats the beat to hell 52 I pulled on Monday as far as condition goes. I love seeing those worn looking silver edges.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Tellers love to make up things and act like we don't know any better. I had a similar situation but it benefited me. I told the teller I was a collector. I asked for dimes and the teller told me, "I'll give you some dimes that customers have brought in. You don't want any of the "new" dimes because our vault picks out anything old". I got $80 in CWRs from that teller and pulled two Roosies.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I get told is there coins come from " the fed" puts a smile on my face every time.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to apply for the silver puller job at the central vault. Are they taking applications?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions