Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 22 of 22
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Skunked on a MWR box of pennies?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Nov 2009
    Tri state area, USA
    Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
    182
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    To properly search a box of pennies, it can take a couple hours. No way can it be done in 5 to 10 minutes. It takes time to hand sort, look for copper & other coins like Wheats, to roll up the copper, etc.. Of all coins, pennies are the most time consuming.

  2. #17
    us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    5,814
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jersey DEvil View Post
    To properly search a box of pennies, it can take a couple hours. No way can it be done in 5 to 10 minutes. It takes time to hand sort, look for copper & other coins like Wheats, to roll up the copper, etc.. Of all coins, pennies are the most time consuming.
    I was talking about penny hoarders who just care about copper and use sorters. It takes several hours for me, too.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  3. #18

    Mar 2012
    246
    17 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius98

    I don't search for copper at all. I said if someone does, it could take about 5 (maybe 10) minutes to search. I hand search to look for wheats, IHs, and Canadian.
    I believe you estimate is off, you should sort a box of pennies by hand and time it. Then get back to everyone who has the experience.

    I'm sorry for jacking the thread, I couldn't imagine being skunked on a box of pennies. That's a lot of effort to not have anything to show for it
    "Those who fail to prepare are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin

  4. #19
    us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    5,814
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldar11 View Post
    I believe you estimate is off, you should sort a box of pennies by hand and time it. Then get back to everyone who has the experience.

    I'm sorry for jacking the thread, I couldn't imagine being skunked on a box of pennies. That's a lot of effort to not have anything to show for it

    Let's keep this discussion aside and no longer hijack the thread.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  5. #20
    us
    Feb 2012
    2,435
    704 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldar11 View Post
    I believe you estimate is off, you should sort a box of pennies by hand and time it. Then get back to everyone who has the experience.

    I'm sorry for jacking the thread, I couldn't imagine being skunked on a box of pennies. That's a lot of effort to not have anything to show for it
    Thank you all for feeling my pain! It is a lot of time and effort to search a full box for coppers, wheats, and errors by hand.

  6. #21

    May 2012
    524
    218 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverForBrains View Post
    It is a lot of time and effort to search a full box for coppers, wheats, and errors by hand.
    AMEN
    SilverForBrains likes this.

  7. #22
    us
    Feb 2012
    2,435
    704 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You know it's funny, I didn't even realize how long it takes until I brought a box with me as a passenger on a five hour car ride and I was just finishing up the box as we pulled in. Usually I space out in some sort of a coin roll hunting fog and before I know it the box is done and I'm ready for the next

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Sep 05, 2011, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2011, 12:09 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 23, 2008, 10:38 AM
  4. another $10 in pennies...sort of skunked
    By agbonanza in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 06, 2006, 08:04 PM
  5. large wheat pennies and zinc pennies cache in 30-40's era house
    By lookingaround in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 14, 2006, 03:05 PM

Search tags for this page

mwr

,

mwr pennies

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3