Skunked on a MWR box of pennies?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How in the heck does this happen? I average about 20 wheats per box around here and about 20 - 30% of all pennies are copper. I hit these averages just about everytime, or close to them.

Went through a box of pennies yesterday, NOTHING. no wheaties, 2 coppers out of the whole box. The funny thing is there were no 2012's, this was a solid mix of 1983's to 2011's. Even the 1982's were gone! I could see this out of customer wrapped rolls, but for a mint wrapped roll of pennies to be this skunked means someone dumped a HUGE amount of pennies all at once.

Finally got a good box of halves, I needed it after the bad luck I've been having. first box, 11 40%ers. dang I forgot how good that feels 8-) Second box looks to be skunk but I ain't done yet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it's funny, I didn't even realize how long it takes until I brought a box with me as a passenger on a five hour car ride and I was just finishing up the box as we pulled in. Usually I space out in some sort of a coin roll hunting fog and before I know it the box is done and I'm ready for the next

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread