Someone messing up the whole Garda system in NJ area!

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was one of my worst days ever searching half dollars! I picked up 20 boxes of half dollars and only got 2 90% and 7 40%!

When I was at one of my regular pickup banks the teller told me that the Garda guy said some idiot was just going through the same coins because they just picked up a bunch of bags a customer brought in at one of their other stops. They said that those bags will be brought back and rewrapped right away and shipped back out. The Garda guy couldn't tell the teller what bank it was that he got the bags from but he said it was a new one on their route that just switched to Garda. He did say that he was delivering boxes of half dollars all over the place and that he thought it had to be the same person getting them at one bank and depositing them at another. I think it was a TD because someone posted a couple weeks ago that they just switched from Brinks in the area that I picked up these boxes.

Whoever this idiot is is killing Garda who used to be one of the best around here. I hope their numbers start to suck like they made mine!

If it really is just 1 person like that driver suspects I wish that fool would start dumping at Brinks instead! Their boxes already suck!

Upvote 0

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Garda can buy from Dunbar or Loomis, doesn't have to be Brinks.

I've never heard of this before. One would imagine once the coin gets to one of these logistics handling companies vault, they stay within that company. I would think if they were short on an order, they would start pulling from the nearest fed branch, and not from other logistics companies.

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of this before. One would imagine once the coin gets to one of these logistics handling companies vault, they stay within that company. I would think if they were short on an order, they would start pulling from the nearest fed branch, and not from other logistics companies.

ParisRoubaix was right. Not long ago one of our fellas posted a clip that contained a brief tour of a coin processing facility. They put excess coins in huge canvas bags to send to another central vault, I guess. I think once they are there, any carrier can tap into these excess.

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen Garda trucks delivering Loomis and Brinks boxes to my pickup banks in my zone. That pretty much nullifies any dump strategy, but I still find some silver. Its all about the coins that enter the stream from the outside.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I agree. Someone did mess up the Garda halves situation. And it wasn't me because I don't dump halves at TD & I don't order high volume like some. For the last couple weeks I've gotten nothing but skunk Garda boxes. So I changed my strategy by changing banks & now ordering Brinks halves. Now I'm finding silver again. I just searched 5 boxes & got 7 40%. The last box had a 1967 ender. Although its not much, at least I'm finding silver again. I found 1 oz today & I'm happy. In time I'm sure the Garda situation will improve. You have to realize that because of the Internet informing the masses, it created a lot of CRHer amateurs\rookies. I run into some every now & then. FYI, my silver vein has been War Nickels & lots of Buffalos too. Here's hoping you find a good silver vein soon.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I agree. Someone did mess up the Garda halves situation. And it wasn't me because I don't dump halves at TD & I don't order high volume like some. For the last couple weeks I've gotten nothing but skunk Garda boxes. So I changed my strategy by changing banks & now ordering Brinks halves. Now I'm finding silver again. I just searched 5 boxes & got 7 40%. The last box had a 1967 ender. Although its not much, at least I'm finding silver again. I found 1 oz today & I'm happy. In time I'm sure the Garda situation will improve. You have to realize that because of the Internet informing the masses, it created a lot of CRHer amateurs\rookies. I run into some every now & then. FYI, my silver vein has been War Nickels & lots of Buffalos too. Here's hoping you find a good silver vein soon.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about this...
To me, sounds like someone is just moving a large volume. I just don't see how you can claim someone is "messing up the system". It is just competition from people doing the same thing everyone else is doing.
I stopped picking up at any NJ banks (except 1 right by my house) because I havnt been able to score any halves in over 6 months!

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you JerseyBen 100%. Also, CRHing used to be the best kept secret, but no more as there are too many doing it.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

You posted twice.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apology for posting twice. I didn't think the 1st one took. I didn't realize there are 2 pages to this thread & I didn't see it.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the point of whining about it? In likelhood its not the dumping that's causing the skunks. Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You have to realize that because of the Internet informing the masses, it created a lot of CRHer amateurs\rookies.

Technically you support this theory by posting on this forum.

Whats the point of whining about it? In likelhood its not the dumping that's causing the skunks. Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Couldn't have said it better. +1

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely, this is all about the open exchange of ideas to help us all out. Thanks for starting the thread, it was a good one

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen Garda trucks delivering Loomis and Brinks boxes to my pickup banks in my zone. That pretty much nullifies any dump strategy, but I still find some silver. Its all about the coins that enter the stream from the outside.

In your case, Garda is the bank's armored car service (that branch's service anyway). They are bringing coin from that bank's regional vault. The vault could deal with Loomis, Brinks, or both for rolled coin. In this situation, (bank has its own central vault) rolled coin is a commodity - much like a central bakery that buys sugar and flour as commodities. The central vault could have contracts or will call arrangements with Loomis, Brinks, and Garda for cash and coin.

It's kinda like if you bought US Postage stamps from an online store, they might send them to you via UPS.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Madwest, thank you. Your post reminded me that I need to pick up a book of stamps this week. Thank you :notworthy:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres alot of new guys in my area that now pick up at my banks. I am not sure about their dumps?? I dump all 40 to 60 boxes every week at td. One bank gets about 12 bags with $500 in each. And one other gets 6 bags and i do about 3 dumps of about $1000. And the rest goes to ac every weekend. The one bank gets about 12 bags and the other 2 get the rest. If you clad lovers would paint your dumps you would know how many of your coins you get back!! Am so glad I did. Orange, green, red, who cares?? I DON'T!! Show me the silver. I do what i can to keep all the banks happy. I plan to do this for 10 years if i can?? What stinks is garda took over td and my count was very bad last week. One pnc told me that they may start charging for the boxes. I think it would be good. Most crh would not pay but i will do more and there will be more in the boxes. And by the way whoever turned me in for bad words. I hope you never find another silver coin!!!!!!!!! cry baby!! you make me sick!! Well i should only do 2 boxes a week?? why?? I think i will start dumping in pa again and newyork.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread