Someone messing up the whole Garda system in NJ area!

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was one of my worst days ever searching half dollars! I picked up 20 boxes of half dollars and only got 2 90% and 7 40%!

When I was at one of my regular pickup banks the teller told me that the Garda guy said some idiot was just going through the same coins because they just picked up a bunch of bags a customer brought in at one of their other stops. They said that those bags will be brought back and rewrapped right away and shipped back out. The Garda guy couldn't tell the teller what bank it was that he got the bags from but he said it was a new one on their route that just switched to Garda. He did say that he was delivering boxes of half dollars all over the place and that he thought it had to be the same person getting them at one bank and depositing them at another. I think it was a TD because someone posted a couple weeks ago that they just switched from Brinks in the area that I picked up these boxes.

Whoever this idiot is is killing Garda who used to be one of the best around here. I hope their numbers start to suck like they made mine!

If it really is just 1 person like that driver suspects I wish that fool would start dumping at Brinks instead! Their boxes already suck!

Upvote 0

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry you are disappointed, but that's better than my average and by quite a bit. I've never even found a 90%.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump into several TD branches, who are all serviced by Garda.

One of my pick-up banks, I found out just recently, are also serviced by Garda.

I've also never found a 90%er.

I switched pick-up banks, stopped doing halves and started focusing on dimes again, and I am doing pretty good now.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i kinda think i know who it is. hmmmmm, maybe.

its not me. im a small old timer.

Last edited:

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatch out, you'll get blacklisted from Hop Sing's. She named names!

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that silver vein up there is going to be dry real soon. NJ may have a larger supply of halves on hand than some states. Its getting bad for all of us. Your finds out of twenty boxes are about my average too. I hope it gets better.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TZ doesn't seem to be depleting anything, his averages have remained pretty high and constant. The OP here just happened to be caught in a recirculating stream of halves. Sometimes you get dumps, sometimes you don't, it's not an indicator of a whole area gone or going bad, you're just in the wrong current

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TZ doesn't seem to be depleting anything, his averages have remained pretty high and constant. The OP here just happened to be caught in a recirculating stream of halves. Sometimes you get dumps, sometimes you don't, it's not an indicator of a whole area gone or going bad, you're just in the wrong current

+1000

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
The Bad news is that competition will happen to everybody sooner or later.
It will eventually end our hobby.
If you are left with anything at all, that is reason to be glad, since you can't do anything about it.

You've just got to find a new way to

Keep on Rollin' !

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Ric Flair used to say, "In order to be the man, WOOOOOOOO, you have to beat the man!"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you blaming it all on TimZim???? sure he does contribute to a lot of dumping, but there are also SEVERAL other's in the NJ area that do high volume, not to mention those who don't post on tnet... think of it this way, for every member on tnet, there are probrably 5 others in the same general area.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forgot to mention that my half dollar boxes have been sucking lately too, 16 box skunk streak again... dimes have been solid 2012p from garda too.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not blaming anyone. I believe the OP is the one laying blame.

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point silverforbrains. Start dumping on garda and find a new pick up source.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why pollute a good source (Garda) when you can easily pollute and already polluted source (Brinks)?
Problem solved!

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Told you, problem solved. I think that is what it was all about, no?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread