Awkward Dump (no pun intended)

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
So today I went to the bank to dump around $560 in coinage. I specifically joined this bank yesterday to use their coin machine. Well I walk into this bank and noticed how small it was. I mean...really small. It had about 3 teller stations, one desk and a water fountain. It was also quiet as a library. I thought to myself, "Great...I'm going to be "that" guy at the machine". To make matters worse, the loan officer's desk was two steps away from the coin machine. He was assisting another customer who had a baby as well. Apparently the baby was just put to sleep. :BangHead:

I started the machine and it sounded like a jet engine. I began dumping my coins and then it sounded like a jet engine with a wrench stuck in it. The baby woke up crying. Then this guy walked in and literally stood next to me while I was dumping my coins. I asked if he had a question and he told me he was just waiting for the loan officer. This man was way to close for comfort but he had no where else to stand because the bank did not have a waiting area.

The tellers then started giving me looks. I am assuming they could not hear the customers through the security glass. The baby continued to cry until the mother's business was finished and the man continued to stand uncomfortably close to me until I finished my coin dump.

On the plus side however, The machine gave me $1.20 extra so I ended up with a profit! :headbang:

Upvote 0

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like dumping in a phone booth (a problem the homeless have as well).

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try and find another dump bank. You're going to get hooked, you'll want to search tons of coin and need a place to dump them.
Use this one on an occasional basis if need be.

Dan

May 18, 2012
Yorktown Heights, NY
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually bring just a jars worth about a $100 at a time.

I hate the dirty looks...

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I started the machine and it sounded like a jet engine.

LOL I've done this before. It was quieter than dead silence in the bank, all of the customer service desks had people sitting at them, dead ****ing quiet though. I brought my coins to dump in a CoinLok bag, sliced the bag open and poured them into the counter. The manager even walked out of her office to see where all of the noise was coming from. I'm guessing that coin counter didn't get used too often. It did hold $1000 halves though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish I could have just dumped the bag of coins in the tray but it was the size of a pop tart. It was a completely inefficient machine. Also it didn't have a reject tray. Boo :thumb_down:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no reject tray, what does the machine do with "your" rejects? I wouldn't use that bank or coin machine, maybe pick that bank up for ordering!
HH
Buff

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no complaints about the machine. I would not have had any rejects anyway. The machine actually gave me an extra $1.20

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i dump i just smile thank you am in no hurry. thank you! And LARGE BILLS IF YOU HAVE THEM!!! By!!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite a profit of coins,it all adds up when you least expect it will

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread