Usernameerrors Finds

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Usernameerror's Finds

Rather than making a new thread every time I find something, I thought I would just make a single thread and update when necessary (hopefully often).

I left work early today to hit a bank before going home. I initially asked the teller for CWR dimes. She had $70 in CWR dimes. She also offered me 2 boxes but I declined as I noticed both boxes contained new 2012 P dimes. I then asked if she had any halves. She smiled and pulled $70 in CWR halves from her safe. She told me that a customer dropped them off earlier today and she would be glad to get rid of them. She found it a hassle to count the halves in her safe. I walked away with both dimes and halves.

This bank is in an area that services an elderly population so I was optimistic. I skunked on the dimes but I found a 1964 and 1967 :) the 64 was easy to find but I missed the 67 my first go around. I usually open the rolls and do a quick rim check then move on. The 67 had a darker rim so I missed it. Good thing I always check each half for proofs and NIFCs.

All in all it was a solid day. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• image-2759111818.jpg
    image-2759111818.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 179
  • image-1342344132.jpg
    image-1342344132.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 183
  • image-592343282.jpg
    image-592343282.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone! Picked up a total of $300 in CWR dimes today from two banks. Went back to "bank 5" to see if I could find anymore old wrapper coins. I did get some old wrapper dimes but did not find any silver in them. However I did pull 2 silver Roosies from from the CWRs from "bank 5". 1953D and 1964.

Good luck to everyone!

CRH 07-09-12.jpg

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A week or so ago I stopped into a CU I use often. They told me several times about some guy dumping shiny coins. Thinking they were just uncirculated rolls I passed. 4 days later they told me about the shiny coins again. This time they showed me a few of them. Damn....I wished I would have looked sooner. Silver proof quarters. I ended up buying the coin bags off of them. Ended up with 21 silver quarter proofs, 1 dime proof, and 2 halve proofs.

The other quarter bag off the machine was gone. They had sent it back. No doubt there was a full set of the quarter. Next time I'll ask to see what they have. Live and learn.

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings everyone!

Haven't had a box of halves to search for 2 weeks due to 4th of July and vacation. I picked up a box from my pickup bank today. This would be the 4th box I have picked up from this specific bank. Unfortunately it was a skunk. In fact all 4 boxes that I have picked up from this bank have been skunk. This is truly depressing since this is the only bank that gives me a steady supply and is willing to order whatever I need.

Oh well. There's always next week.

Good Luck everyone!

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings everyone!

Dumped a box of halves today and picked up some CWRs.

$150 CWR Dimes: 1951 Roosevelt
$40 in re-wrapped BWR halves: Skunk

Also picked up a roll of Rutherford B. Hayes golden dollars. I'm going to pick one for my collection and dump the rest.

Good luck everyone!

CRH 07-19-12.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
honestly, i would say keep the roll of presidential dollars intact, they don't make the series anymore, though MILLIONS were minted, there might be a demand for them some day.. i have 4 rolls of presidential dollars, i only bought them because the tellers asked if i wanted them, so I decided why not.. a foresavings that I can cash in at any time :)
hh
buff

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
honestly, i would say keep the roll of presidential dollars intact, they don't make the series anymore, though MILLIONS were minted, there might be a demand for them some day.. i have 4 rolls of presidential dollars, i only bought them because the tellers asked if i wanted them, so I decided why not.. a foresavings that I can cash in at any time :)
hh
buff

The thought did pass though my head. I only bought the roll because the teller wanted to get rid of it.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In terms of presidential dollars, I'd suggest saving a roll of each then dumping the rest. That's what I have and recently have been liquidating my extra rolls for bankroll- just think one roll can buy you a whole box of pennies!

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings!

Picked up more CWRs today.

Bank 1:
$150 CWR Dimes = SKUNK

Bank 2:
$100 CWR Dimes = SKUNK
$20 CWR Nickels = 1945P War Nickel

Bank 3:
$100 CWR/BWR Dimes = 1964 Roosevelt

Also received a $1 Star Note from my dump money. My first!

Good luck everyone!

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a very interesting day of CRHing today. I only picked up $100 in Dimes today. $85 BWR and $15 CWR. I found a 1964 Roosie from the BWRs.

I saved the 3 CWR rolls for last. I opened the first one and noticed a smooth grayish rim. I immediately thought it was funny money. I slowly raised the coin and noticed a "III". Turned out to be an 1870 3 Cent Piece! While it's not silver, it is the oldest coin I have found through CRHing. 142 years old to be exact! I was shocked that someone would put this coin in a roll! It's pretty worn and dirty but it sure is a beaut! This is why I love this hobby. Holding history in your hand. Imagine all the things this little coin has purchased throughout the years.

Good luck everyone!

CRH 07-21-12.jpg CRH 07-21-12 (2).jpg

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coin. I just recently found my oldest coin, an 1860 brazilian 1000 reis, found in a half dollar box. It's awesome to think how long it's been in circulation until someone that appeciates it takes it out. Congrats!

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings everyone!

Posting an update.

Box of halves: 1971S Proof in very circulated condition and 2009D

$200 in CWR Dimes: 1948 Roosevelt
$20 in CWR Nickels: 1925 Buffalo and 1936 Buffalo

Again CWR dimes and nickels save the day. I'm at a 5 box silver skunk streak.

Good luck to everyone!

CRH 07-28-12.jpg CRH 07-27-12.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow sweet find on the 3c piece, i've seen a few here and there the past few years but not too many!hh

buff

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone!

Went to pick up my weekly box of halves. Normally they come with black/white wrappers in a long flat box. However today the teller told me that they received a cube box. I was really excited cause I've never found silver from this bank and thought this would be a good sign. The cube box had brown/white wrappers. Unfortunately it was a skunk. This brings my total to a 6 box skunk streak. Better luck next week.

Also picked up $100 in CWR dimes and $20 in CWR nickels. All skunk.

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• image-1599680338.png
    image-1599680338.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1629674179.png
    image-1629674179.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings everyone!

It's been awhile since I posted an update. Haven't found much of anything for a while. I've been riding a 7 box skunk streak and it hasn't been fun. Just did my 8th box on Friday and broke my streak! 1969D Kennedy! Feels great to break a skunk streak. Also did dimes and nickels but haven't been having much luck. A few pre-60s and 1 dateless Buffalo.

Hopefully things start picking up! Good luck everyone!

CRH 08-18-12.jpg

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone!

Stopped by a bank that I haven't been to in two months. This bank has produced silver in the past. Apparently there is someone that provides a steady supply of CWR halves. About 2 months ago I picked up $200 in CWR halves and found 1 90% and 1 40%.

Today I picked up only $73 in halves. One of the rolls was wrapped in a really old style wrapper. I got really excited but alas it was all clad. I did find a 1968D Kennedy and x4 2008. I'll take it!

Good Luck everyone!

CRH 08-21-12.jpg

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
SILVER!

Great CRHing day today and I didn't even visit a bank!

My father-in-law frequently visits banks during his work day and keeps an eye out for me. Today he gave me two CWRs of halves. I opened the first roll and saw silver! I was stoked. I emptied the roll in my hand and saw 10 silver edges!!!:headbang:
I opened the second roll and saw 12 silver edges!!!:headbang:

To put this in perspective. Out of 8 recent boxes of halves, I have only found 1 40%er. My father-in-law blows me out of the water!

In total I/he found 19x 40%ers and 3x 90%ers :thumb_up:

Good Luck everyone!!

IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2148.JPG CRH 08-23-12.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread