Cant even get started...

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't even get started...

Called the local bank today and asked about half's, besides the "loose" ones in the drawer they don't sell boxes. The lowest amount is 1,000 dollars, 2,000 half's, the woman was not very enthused about my questions and turns out they will not take any back even if the are rolled. It costs the "too much"... I just do not have 1,000 bucks i can throw to coins and not even be able to get my money back and since the money is for investments only I don't want to just hold them for spending money..
Looks like i will have to go to a bank in another town... or something.
Frustrated, but i will get that silver!!!
:)

Upvote 0

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Midge(t), I can tell youre a newbie. Rule #2 of CRH, develop Rhino skin. You're going to hear all sorts of fishtales from banks. Find a bank that will order your $500 box, and dump it at the one you just talked about. Don't think they will take it? If you have an account...odds are they will accept it. Dump with joy, and stay thristy my friend.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ask if you could pick up $500 and then retrieve the other $500 in a couple days?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go in the bathroom, Search the rolls, and then deposit them back. all without washing your hands. Tah dah!

OP
OP
J

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid advice CoinFetcher that was my backup plan. I guess it was a little novice to ask the same bank to drop them off at. Ill have to go around town on Tuesday and see what the other banks say.

Namster: The bank was wanting the whole thousand that day because they had to order it.

Gilmore Happy: I am not a midget contrary to popular belief. Midge is just a nickname I have had for a bit.
But thank you :)

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid advice CoinFetcher that was my backup plan. I guess it was a little novice to ask the same bank to drop them off at. Ill have to go around town on Tuesday and see what the other banks say.Have you tried a credit union? they will set up an acct and you deposit till you got the amount you need then they order the coins for you. It will take a while but you wont tie up money you dont have.

Gilmore Happy: I am not a midget contrary to popular belief. Midge is just a nickname I have had for a bit.
But thank you :)
Have you tried a credit union? they will set up an acct and you deposit till you got the amount you need then they order the coins for you. It will take a while but you wont tie up money you dont have.

OP
OP
J

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried a credit union? they will set up an acct and you deposit till you got the amount you need then they order the coins for you. It will take a while but you wont tie up money you dont have.

Do all banks do this? Specifically with coins?
I've never heard of this but it sounds useful.
Thanks for the lookout

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Do all banks do this? Specifically with coins?
I've never heard of this but it sounds useful.
Thanks for the lookout

My CU can't order.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions