DO U TOP OFF BAGS TO GET THEM ???

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i've bought a bag of halves back in october ... the machines around here have a reject tray for silver dimes, silver quarters , foreign coin and even one that rejects wheat ......but all 4 branches keep silver halves . I found 2 64's 7 40% in that bag even though the teller told me she checks the bags for silver ( nice lady ..she let me have that bag and didn t look ) . then SOME GUY FROM 2 HOURS UP THE ROAD CAME DOWN AND BOUGHT THE NEXT BAG ....then they said corporate will not let them sell the bags anymore !! all the branches except the main branch refuse to sell. so.........long story short .......about 5 -6 people have been waiting for this bag to fill up .....it s about $475 ..almost half way. at what point would u TOP it off and go home with it ???? i figured $800 and throw $200 in to take it ? I don t want to wait and have some one else take it !!! some one on here might read this and know were it is ..............I've been asking about this bag since january and don t want to keep bothering the tellers . ....I don t dump here for this reson......i've only ever put $15 in halves in ..just to check the reject tray because i've prob ably found 10+ silver dimes there and 4+ mercs in the last 6 months :laughing7: this a nice old Italian community with money ...........the other branch i bought the bag off of was in the SLUMS with projects everywere . homeless and big hispanic communities . what would u do ??????????

Upvote 0

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I'd top it off as soon as you can. Sounds like you've got other CRHers who may beat you to it? I'm not good at waiting though :)

HSH

OP
OP
huricanesrul

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to wait till 800 but I just can t !! $500 is better than none to look through !!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Top it off. The sooner - the better. If it's been taking awhile to fill, that is always a good sign. Do all their denominations take awhile to fill? If so, then you might want to fill the other denominations on the hopes that a mixed collection was dumped.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do way better in the poor commuities.

The wealthy folks all know thier coinage. Just my thoughts

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do way better in the poor commuities.

The wealthy folks all know thier coinage. Just my thoughts

I did better in poor state! Poor folks who live paycheck to paycheck tend to not care about silver coins. Rich folks have extra money to lie around and they don't dump their halves even in 2008-2010 recession.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The only counter I've ever found is at my CU. When I first started, I was interested in buying the bag of halves...I snoozed - so I lost...they sent it out, head teller said one old guy filled it with his life collection of halves. I started buying the bag which filled every 10 months or so, best bag was about 30 silvers + $10 in random clad.
A month or so I topped off the $500 bag and found not one silver, as it had been half-full of my random dumps over the last six months.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Hurricanesrul, do you live in Philadelphia? If you don't want to tell me it is okay.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The longer you wait, the more likely you are to miss the bag. While you're waiting for it to hit $800, another CRHer could come in and dump enough to fill the bag. $475 is just the same as 47.5 CWRs that have accumulated over a long period of time, and who wouldn't want those?? Personally, I would go get it now. Knowing that other CRHers are waiting on the bag as well makes it a "no-brainer" IMO. I have been known to put ~$700 into a bag to fill it.

OP
OP
huricanesrul

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no not philly...did live in marylad 11 years ago !! worked in cockeysville ...thats were i found my first silver . a 1964 dime in mint condition in the burger king drive through ! !

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
thats were i found my first silver . a 1964 dime in mint condition in the burger king drive through ! !

Am I the only person in MD who hasn't found silver in change? My friend has, you have, and so have others. I guess I can just keep on CRHing for my silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread