The coolest find yet. Teller coin counter!! Right place right time!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my dump bank and after I was done the teller that was helping me asked the coin counter guy to put $60 in the coin counter.....As he was doing it he said "What are these?" When I saw the coins I realized they were silver proofs so I said that I wanted them. I got 9 quarters, 8 proof dimes ,10 roosevelt dimes and 5 mercury dimes. I am sure there were more but they had already went into the bags. Someone doing dimes and quarters will find them. All for $5.05!!! Great way to end the week!!:thumbsup::coins::coins::coins::tongue3:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job man! More silver to add to the stack. Hope you had a good weekend down in AC.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man tim, a hell of a score! thanks for sharing, hope you get more of it!

AgHawk

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my dump bank and after i was done, The teller that was helping me asked him the coin counter guy to put $60 in the coin counter.As he was doing it he said. whats this there were silver proofs i said i want them. I got 9 quarters 8 proof dimes 10 roosevelt dimes and 5 mercury dimes. Am sure there were more but they went in the bags already. Some one doing dimes and quarters will find them. All for $505 great way to end the week!!:thumbsup::coins::coins::coins::tongue3:

Can i get a translator please. I can usually figure out broken English, but broken TimZim ain't easy.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can i get a translator please. I can usually figure out broken English, but broken TimZim ain't easy.

I don't have my TimZim Rosetta Stone, but here is my attempt......

I went to my dump bank and after i was done, the teller that was helping me asked the coin counter guy to put $60 in the coin counter. As he was doing it he said, "What's this?"

There were silver proofs. I said, "I want them."

I got 9 quarters, 8 proof dimes, 10 roosevelt dimes, and 5 mercury dimes. I am sure there were more but they went in the bags already. Some one doing dimes and quarters will find them. All for $5.05, great way to end the week!

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please read again.... :-)

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have my TimZim Rosetta Stone, but here is my attempt......

I went to my dump bank and after i was done, the teller that was helping me asked the coin counter guy to put $60 in the coin counter. As he was doing it he said, "What's this?"

There were silver proofs. I said, "I want them."

I got 9 quarters, 8 proof dimes, 10 roosevelt dimes, and 5 mercury dimes. I am sure there were more but they went in the bags already. Some one doing dimes and quarters will find them. All for $5.05, great way to end the week!
Thanks Solid rolls....I know it was a little off whatever!! It was a long weekend in ac $1260.00 ahead.....great weekend!!

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Solid rolls....I know it was a little off whatever!! It was a long weekend in ac $1260.00 ahead.....great weekend!!

Anytime sir. What's your game of choice in AC?

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime sir. What's your game of choice in AC?
Please no sir.. I play craps.. They gave me about $1400.00 to play slots and i just kept all my winnings from the slots. Only played craps alittle.. I go every week end.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good man! Craps is my game of choice. Always back up those pass line bets!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
What a score! True place, true time, true teller and all true Tim, hunting for silver like many of us do.
I had somewhat similar experience when got a silver proof dollar, 3 silver 80% halves and a nickel half dollar proof.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it was AgHawk did was that bad. The original post was a bit confusing and jumbled. It has since been corrected by TimZim, and everything now is good. No harm, no foul. Happy Hunting to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread