Clad?? How much cash do you have tied up??

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the coin shops i go in don't even sell clad! only proofs even then not many.Theres just to much of it. You guys that have piles of it PLEASE take a hand full of it and see what you can get for it. Its all good if you want to save it why not but i would take that money and buy silver with it. Or use it to search more boxes. When i stared crh i did copper cents now i have over a 100 lbs And i do keep a few clad when theres something odd.We do this for all kinds of reasens. Not just the money value. So have fun and the more clad you keep the less i have to look at!! Thank you and good luck!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you asking how much clad we have piled up ready to be dumped when we get the chance because we have already searched it for silver? This could be thousands at any given point. Or are you speaking of how much clad coins we have that we intend on keeping like a nice proof or error coin? A few dollars at most for me. Your post is confusing to read. Some are in it for the silver only and toss all clad back, some like a proof or NIFC coin which is fine too.

Like in DokHoliday's case, I expected he has $1250 or 5 boxes of dimes he has searched and is waiting for his next opportunity to cash in the clad and buy more boxes. I don't think it's going to make a difference how much clad we have on hand because you'll still need to search the same amount to find your silver.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several hundred dollars tied up in clad & other money such as all the Wheats, copper, foreign coins, Buffalo & War nickels, old nickels dated 1938 to 1959, all kinds of quarters, proofs, commemoratives & the list goes on. Yes, its a good idea to start liquidating it to buy & invest into something more profitable & substantial like gold & silver for example.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clad as in 40% silver halves- I'd say close to $150 worth over the years of CRH.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep proofs and gold plated bicenntenials. I have about $100 face value, was thinking about dumping them.

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep about $50 in "spare halves" at all times. Gotta have something to swap out the Ag for....

H$H!!
TGB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread