Just wanted to introduce myself

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Merc Crazy, and I hunt in the greater Philly area. Mostly in the Southern and Western 'burbs, think West Chester into Delaware as my most frequented turf. Been at it for a couple years now, just wondering if any of my competition is on this forum. I know there's at least one person around here who goes through tons of halves every week in comparison to me, as well as a bunch of other people that are nearly as active as I am.

Generally speaking, I try to get at least 4 boxes of halves a week, along with 8 boxes of dimes and 4 boxes of nickels. This year, all in all, I'm pacing for just over $100k in halves, $100k in dimes, and $18k in nickels. I track my BWR finds meticulously, but my CWR finds are very loosely tracked, for reasons most of you can probably guess. It's a great hobby because it keeps me busy. I dump at TD, mostly, with the occasional dump at a credit union or PNC. The hobby has treated me well, I've probably pulled something like $10k worth of silver over the past couple years. Of course, I also devote a LOT of time to it and the only reason I don't search more than I do now is capital, or a lack of it, rather.

Time for my lunch break, gotta dump and pick up a box!

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in the Greater Philadelphia area as well. Although I'm on the other side of Philly from you, actually closer to Trenton. Tons of competition in my area. I've crossed paths with at least five different guys, and one very fine lady, since I started the beginning of this year.

Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I see you also have a crappy ratio of Mercs to Roosies, that was another thing I was wondering... seems like the Mercs all dried up towards the end of last year... overall dimes are down pretty hard for me, but my historical ratio of 1 Merc for every 7.5 roosies has plummeted to 1 for every 16 or so.

Box of halves was interesting, nothing too crazy but had the oldest silver I've found so far, an 1855 one florin (Size of a half, skinnier and .925 fine) an 1861K Dix Centimes, a '42 WLH, and a '67 40%er.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, there's TONS of competition in your area, you won't have to worry about me too much, i only do 2 boxes of halves and dimes a week!
HH
Buff

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this mean drama from another board is gonna be here now?

Terryble

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2011
NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha moonshine? Doug just gave me a 1 week vacation for telling mrbrklyn off, so I won't be on CT for a while...

Yeah it's me. I met a fellow searcher about a year ago when I worked in NYC and he said he posted his finds on this forum so I signed up, never saw posts from him so I lurked once in awhile. I recently just started popping in here once in awhile to read some posts and saw yours. I didn't see what happened over there...that's too bad.

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Does this mean drama from another board is gonna be here now?
No, no no no no. I'm done with that guy, he's delusional and mentally unstable.
Yeah it's me. I met a fellow searcher about a year ago when I worked in NYC and he said he posted his finds on this forum so I signed up, never saw posts from him so I lurked once in awhile. I recently just started popping in here once in awhile to read some posts and saw yours. I didn't see what happened over there...that's too bad.
I'm done with CT. If the moderators could moderate, it wouldn't have gotten this far, but they keep letting that guy run off and do whatever he wants.

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
Hey Merc!

I remember you from CT a year or so back. Always enjoyed your post, and your knowledge.

Welcome to TNet

HH Agent

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
nothing too crazy but had the oldest silver I've found so far, an 1855 one florin (Size of a half, skinnier and .925 fine) an 1861K Dix Centimes

Here are some stats for the two foreign coins:

Attachments

• print screen 10 centimes.JPG
    print screen 10 centimes.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 86
  • print screen florin.JPG
    print screen florin.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 82

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread