All in a days work... plus my monthly results and YTD

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
All in a day's work... plus my monthly results and YTD

Since I'm new here, figured I'd get all of this out of the way in one thread...

Today, I did a box of halves, 2 boxes of dimes, and 2 boxes of nickels.

Halves; 1 1855 1 Florin (.925 fine), 1 '42 Walker, 1 '67.
Dimes; 2 roosies and 4 roosies respectively.
Nickels; 1 '29 and 1 '44-S, and about $70 in 2012-P rolls.

Puts my totals for the month at...

Halves;
$9,500 searched
1 Walker
1 Franklin
7 '64's
102 40%ers (Had a fantastic box with 70 40%'ers)

Dimes;
$8,140 searched
48 roosies
2 mercs

Nickels;
$1,337 searched
15 wars
8 Buffs

And my totals for the year at....

Halves;
$40,011 searched
23 Walkers
26 Franklins
19 '64's
383 40%ers

Dimes;
$42,254 searched
13 Mercs
174 Roosies

Nickels;
$7,805 searched
3 V-Nicks
42 Buffs
78 Wars

Including the 4 silver quarters I've found, that puts me at 99.876oz on the year. On pace to hit my goal of 150oz pretty quick, maybe by summers end if I'm lucky. :)

EDIT: That total doesn't include foreign silver, if you include that, I'm closer to 102oz.

Upvote 0

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, last year I hit 100oz in like, August and finished the year with around 135oz. This year is on pace to destroy that... amazing what more capital will do for you.

Nice!! What state do you CRH in man? And do you mean more capital as in a bigger bankroll to buy boxes?

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely, volume is where you will start to see big results at. I've been doing volume hunting for about 6 weeks now, before that was the bi-weekly 1 to 4 box hunt for the past two years.

Oh, I only do 4 boxes a week, its too much of a pain to dump more and not piss off TD around here. Wish I could drop off bags like some of the jersey people.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what you mean. I just switched to bags from rolling coins not too long ago, it's so nice!

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pace, seems like you are going to have a great year. Seems like your merc finds are kind of low though for how much you have searched so far, are mercs always so scarce where you CRH?

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what you mean. I just switched to bags from rolling coins not too long ago, it's so nice!
Right now, I use Penny Arcade... while it's not slow, it's not exactly fast either. Halves always suck to dump, if I could drop off bags and get cash, I'd probably be able to double my volume.
Nice pace, seems like you are going to have a great year. Seems like your merc finds are kind of low though for how much you have searched so far, are mercs always so scarce where you CRH?
No, my average was 1 merc for every 7 roosies before this year, don't know what happened that tanked the numbers like this. At least I'm still finding something.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
No, my average was 1 merc for every 7 roosies before this year, don't know what happened that tanked the numbers like this. At least I'm still finding something.

Oh ok 1 to 7 isn't bad. Maybe you are due for a merc hoard find! My best hoard find was 24 in 2 rolls (along with 30 rosies). Gotta love those CWRs!! All of my mercs and most of my rosies this year were found that day, I usually do nickels and halves but a bank had a lot of V nicks in some rolls so I figured I'd try dimes and got a nice hoard find from it. Hope you get something soon. Mercs are one of my favorite coins as well.

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh ok 1 to 7 isn't bad. Maybe you are due for a merc hoard find! My best hoard find was 24 in 2 rolls (along with 30 rosies). Gotta love those CWRs!! All of my mercs and most of my rosies this year were found that day, I usually do nickels and halves but a bank had a lot of V nicks in some rolls so I figured I'd try dimes and got a nice hoard find from it. Hope you get something soon. Mercs are one of my favorite coins as well.
I have a nice little collection of OGH Mercs paid for by selling 40% silver halves, so I'm okay with not finding lots of mercs in rolls as long as I keep finding enough 40%ers to sell to buy me lots of nice slabbed Mercs. :) Although I love seeing those worn-ish looking edges in dime rolls and hoping it's a nice VF or better Merc.

Customer rolls of dimes have yet to pay off for me in any respectable way. I actually have about the same numbers from CWR and BWR of dimes, same with bags. All of my big dime finds happened shortly after I started, I haven't topped 8 in a box or 12 in a bag since maybe 6 months after I started searching. Best bag had 60 roosies, no mercs, and best box (Second box I ever did, the reason I got hooked on this) had 19 mercs and 8 roosies, iirc.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great## Have fun. You allready got the luck!!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TZ and CRH SW, when you guys do bags how long does it take to get the money put in your account? BofA offered to do bags for me but on limited capital I can't have it tied up too long or will miss box pickups

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
TZ and CRH SW, when you guys do bags how long does it take to get the money put in your account? BofA offered to do bags for me but on limited capital I can't have it tied up too long or will miss box pickups

I believe TD gives them cash for the bags and adjusts the accounts later for discrepancies. With BAC (that's their ticker, use that), it depends on when it's picked up for processing. I know someone who uses bag service at BAC and they told me they know when the pick ups are, and they drop it off the day before so it is deposited into their account within 72 hours typically. I personally cannot wait 72 hours so...

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice man, I wish I had TD near me. yeah, even 72 hours is too long. Having your money tied up for 72 hours must be like sitting in the slammer for the same period of time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread