Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: All in a day's work... plus my monthly results and YTD

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Mangling rolls since '09

    May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    257
    26 times
    Roll Searching

    All in a day's work... plus my monthly results and YTD

    Since I'm new here, figured I'd get all of this out of the way in one thread...

    Today, I did a box of halves, 2 boxes of dimes, and 2 boxes of nickels.

    Halves; 1 1855 1 Florin (.925 fine), 1 '42 Walker, 1 '67.
    Dimes; 2 roosies and 4 roosies respectively.
    Nickels; 1 '29 and 1 '44-S, and about $70 in 2012-P rolls.

    Puts my totals for the month at...

    Halves;
    $9,500 searched
    1 Walker
    1 Franklin
    7 '64's
    102 40%ers (Had a fantastic box with 70 40%'ers)


    Dimes;
    $8,140 searched
    48 roosies
    2 mercs


    Nickels;
    $1,337 searched
    15 wars
    8 Buffs




    And my totals for the year at....

    Halves;
    $40,011 searched
    23 Walkers
    26 Franklins
    19 '64's
    383 40%ers


    Dimes;
    $42,254 searched
    13 Mercs
    174 Roosies


    Nickels;
    $7,805 searched
    3 V-Nicks
    42 Buffs
    78 Wars


    Including the 4 silver quarters I've found, that puts me at 99.876oz on the year. On pace to hit my goal of 150oz pretty quick, maybe by summers end if I'm lucky.

    EDIT: That total doesn't include foreign silver, if you include that, I'm closer to 102oz.
    Terryble likes this.

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    824
    186 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Looks like you are on the way to your 150oz goal pretty fast!

  3. #3
    us
    Mangling rolls since '09

    May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    257
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by crhstreetwalker View Post
    Looks like you are on the way to your 150oz goal pretty fast!
    Yeah, last year I hit 100oz in like, August and finished the year with around 135oz. This year is on pace to destroy that... amazing what more capital will do for you.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    824
    186 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc Crazy View Post
    Yeah, last year I hit 100oz in like, August and finished the year with around 135oz. This year is on pace to destroy that... amazing what more capital will do for you.

    Nice!! What state do you CRH in man? And do you mean more capital as in a bigger bankroll to buy boxes?

  5. #5
    us
    Mangling rolls since '09

    May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    257
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by crhstreetwalker View Post
    Nice!! What state do you CRH in man? And do you mean more capital as in a bigger bankroll to buy boxes?
    Philadelphia Suburbs. And yes, bigger bankroll. I went from making $15k a year to making $45k a year after getting out of college. Helps a ton, lol.

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    824
    186 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc Crazy View Post
    bigger bankroll.
    Definitely, volume is where you will start to see big results at. I've been doing volume hunting for about 6 weeks now, before that was the bi-weekly 1 to 4 box hunt for the past two years.

  7. #7
    us
    Mangling rolls since '09

    May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    257
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by crhstreetwalker View Post
    Definitely, volume is where you will start to see big results at. I've been doing volume hunting for about 6 weeks now, before that was the bi-weekly 1 to 4 box hunt for the past two years.
    Oh, I only do 4 boxes a week, its too much of a pain to dump more and not piss off TD around here. Wish I could drop off bags like some of the jersey people.

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    824
    186 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    I know what you mean. I just switched to bags from rolling coins not too long ago, it's so nice!

  9. #9
    us
    Feb 2012
    'Murica
    282
    79 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Nice pace, seems like you are going to have a great year. Seems like your merc finds are kind of low though for how much you have searched so far, are mercs always so scarce where you CRH?
    2013 running total:
    Oldest coin find of the year (and overall) 1858 flying eagle
    total silver oz x 39.6

  10. #10
    us
    Mangling rolls since '09

    May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    257
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by crhstreetwalker View Post
    I know what you mean. I just switched to bags from rolling coins not too long ago, it's so nice!
    Right now, I use Penny Arcade... while it's not slow, it's not exactly fast either. Halves always suck to dump, if I could drop off bags and get cash, I'd probably be able to double my volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by red89 View Post
    Nice pace, seems like you are going to have a great year. Seems like your merc finds are kind of low though for how much you have searched so far, are mercs always so scarce where you CRH?
    No, my average was 1 merc for every 7 roosies before this year, don't know what happened that tanked the numbers like this. At least I'm still finding something.

  11. #11
    us
    Feb 2012
    'Murica
    282
    79 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc Crazy View Post
    No, my average was 1 merc for every 7 roosies before this year, don't know what happened that tanked the numbers like this. At least I'm still finding something.
    Oh ok 1 to 7 isn't bad. Maybe you are due for a merc hoard find! My best hoard find was 24 in 2 rolls (along with 30 rosies). Gotta love those CWRs!! All of my mercs and most of my rosies this year were found that day, I usually do nickels and halves but a bank had a lot of V nicks in some rolls so I figured I'd try dimes and got a nice hoard find from it. Hope you get something soon. Mercs are one of my favorite coins as well.
    2013 running total:
    Oldest coin find of the year (and overall) 1858 flying eagle
    total silver oz x 39.6

  12. #12
    us
    Mangling rolls since '09

    May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    257
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by red89 View Post
    Oh ok 1 to 7 isn't bad. Maybe you are due for a merc hoard find! My best hoard find was 24 in 2 rolls (along with 30 rosies). Gotta love those CWRs!! All of my mercs and most of my rosies this year were found that day, I usually do nickels and halves but a bank had a lot of V nicks in some rolls so I figured I'd try dimes and got a nice hoard find from it. Hope you get something soon. Mercs are one of my favorite coins as well.
    I have a nice little collection of OGH Mercs paid for by selling 40% silver halves, so I'm okay with not finding lots of mercs in rolls as long as I keep finding enough 40%ers to sell to buy me lots of nice slabbed Mercs. Although I love seeing those worn-ish looking edges in dime rolls and hoping it's a nice VF or better Merc.

    Customer rolls of dimes have yet to pay off for me in any respectable way. I actually have about the same numbers from CWR and BWR of dimes, same with bags. All of my big dime finds happened shortly after I started, I haven't topped 8 in a box or 12 in a bag since maybe 6 months after I started searching. Best bag had 60 roosies, no mercs, and best box (Second box I ever did, the reason I got hooked on this) had 19 mercs and 8 roosies, iirc.

  13. #13
    us
    Aug 2011
    1,879
    817 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Great## Have fun. You allready got the luck!!

  14. #14
    us
    Feb 2012
    2,435
    704 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    TZ and CRH SW, when you guys do bags how long does it take to get the money put in your account? BofA offered to do bags for me but on limited capital I can't have it tied up too long or will miss box pickups

  15. #15
    us
    Mangling rolls since '09

    May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    257
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverForBrains View Post
    TZ and CRH SW, when you guys do bags how long does it take to get the money put in your account? BofA offered to do bags for me but on limited capital I can't have it tied up too long or will miss box pickups
    I believe TD gives them cash for the bags and adjusts the accounts later for discrepancies. With BAC (that's their ticker, use that), it depends on when it's picked up for processing. I know someone who uses bag service at BAC and they told me they know when the pick ups are, and they drop it off the day before so it is deposited into their account within 72 hours typically. I personally cannot wait 72 hours so...

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. End of month- 4 boxes, and monthly results!
    By n8dagr8345 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2011, 07:06 PM
  2. Monthly Roundup
    By scaupus in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2011, 10:59 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2010, 12:26 AM
  4. no monthly meeting
    By ALL SILVER in forum Clubs & Hunts - Texas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 04, 2010, 03:36 PM
  5. 2 M-6's monthly finds..
    By cosmic in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Sep 30, 2007, 01:27 PM

Search tags for this page

craigslist+brunswick ga
,

merc crazy larry

,
usmc
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3