"Im a coin collector".....

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
"I'm a coin collector"..... (Updated 6/5 with pic!!)

Hey Hey,

I was dumping my latest two boxes last Thursday when a woman asked what I was doing with all of those coins. I explained:

"I'm a coin collector."

She told me she had a bunch of old coins at home that she has no use for. I asked if she would be interested in selling them. She said "yes". I gave her my cell number and asked her to call me.

Now this is the third time someone said they had "old coins". Neither person called me back.

I turned my cell phone on after work this evening and I had a new voicemail. It was the woman from the bank and she said she found the coins and wanted to know if I would like to stop over tomorrow. I called her back and we're going to try to meet up tomorrow after work.

I'll let you know if I buy them.

H$H!!
TGB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That Morgan is pretty!
Seriously, funny money, that is a bit ignorant.
Here you have a pure nickel Canadian quarter from 1974, 3 Canadian nickels (2 of them being .999 bullion ones and one Cu-Ni composition same as US) from 1964 (check that one for a famous and a very uncommon Extra Waterline variety), 1965, 1990, two pennies from 1963 and other non-id date (pic quality)
So here you go, hope that info helps you. Good deal on that batch, the Morgan and Seated Liberty coins are a shine, but you also got some nice coins from Canada and the int. community!

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
That Morgan is pretty!
Seriously, funny money, that is a bit ignorant.
Here you have a pure nickel Canadian quarter from 1974, 3 Canadian nickels (2 of them being .999 bullion ones and one Cu-Ni composition same as US) from 1964 (check that one for a famous and a very uncommon Extra Waterline variety), 1965, 1990, two pennies from 1963 and other non-id date (pic quality)
So here you go, hope that info helps you. Good deal on that batch, the Morgan and Seated Liberty coins are a shine, but you also got some nice coins from Canada and the int. community!

I appreciate the info C-h! (And I say "funny money" without disrespect. I do hope you know that!)

H$H!!
TGB

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pickup Bry! Wow, women never come up to me when I'm dumping coins...I wonder if I'm dumping incorrectly :)

I usually lace my dumps with a pheromone specifically formulated to attract women with old coin collections laying around their houses collecting dust.

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Congratulations, TGB. I knew the Charleston/West Indies Expo medal would be the star of the show. I was going to jump in on the action, but it was too much for me. By the way, it wasn't "holed" as most think. It was by design. It would attach to a ribbon which would attach to a lapel. I think you owe the lady a treat.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The non-Canadian funny money is just worth almost 0, so it won't be easy to sell it.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn buddy...you made a killing off that stuff. You ripped her off! Lol just kidding. Awesome score though man, congrats!

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
smileyvault-jawdrop.gif

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1901-2 South Carolina Inter-State and West Indian Exposition 19mm Bronze Medalet - 201 dollars. WOW

Good work buddy, did you expect it to go that high??

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, go buy that lady a star bucks or a pack of smokes.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually met another CRHer at the bank, exchanged numbers, and now he consigns coins to me at 20 %. It helps me get good eBay feedback, and makes me a little $$$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions