a good find

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
I have not posted much this year because i have not found much. maybe ten 40% res for the year. but this weekend was a little different.

Got to take a shot trip. Friday on the way out I stopped at a few small town banks and picked up a few hundred $ in .50, Found a pair of 67"s. I thought that was good. But monday I stopped at one bank got about 10 rolls. Next stop a restroom . My wife went in, came out and I went in. When I came out she said "look what I found", she was holding the open roll 18 40%. I let her drive a while and I opened the remaining rolls, 3 solid rolls of 40%. a roll of 67, a roll of 68, and a roll of 69, and a roll of mixed almost full. In total we found 85 40% on the trip. One was a 68 greased die error. I have found several of these errors before but never a 40%.

This was my best day CRH, my best day before this was 32. If I was better with cameras and computer I would post a picture buy you all know what 4 rolls and five look like. HH

Upvote 0

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow...that is friggin amazing! Nice job. I'd probably crap my pants if I ever got that many solid rolls. Heck, I'm still waiting to find my 1st solid roll. But sooner or later, I'll join the 'club' :)

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find,I'd go bank often.:leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
F

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
thanks for the replies. but I have been in the roll club for a while these are #2,3,and 4 and an almost with an 18. I am also in the ben, walker and barber clubs. the barber 1908 came out of my third box. I have been hunting 2 and 1/2 years. but like I said it has been slow here.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the replies. but I have been in the roll club for a while these are #2,3,and 4 and an almost with an 18. I am also in the ben, walker and barber clubs. the barber 1908 came out of my third box. I have been hunting 2 and 1/2 years. but like I said it has been slow here.

How many boxes do you hunt a week?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread