Holy cow! 11 solid boxes!!! + did something I thought I would never do.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....of clad. Made you look. :laughing7:

Did 12 boxes so far this week and all but one have been skunks, saved by a lone 69.

Picked up $200 in CWRs which were obviously dumps. One of the rolls had a 65 in it though. I took out the sharpie and wrote "silver" on some, and "64" on others, and one "50s." I dumped them at a bank that has a whole herd of cherry picking tellers, they also refuse to order halves. Imagine the fighting over those rolls lol! I did. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch on the skunks man. I feel your pain. I can't find any silver in my new location.
And love what you did with the dumps. Lol.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While dumping today, I found a 64 quarter in a teller tray.

She told me it looked dirty. I said that's okay.

150 in crh, no thing.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hang in there, that's about a 10 week streach for me- with the same results!
HH
Buff

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's rough, 11/12 skunks, I'm sorry man

Buffboy have you really been skunked 10 weeks in a row on halves? how many boxes do you do a week?

My numbers have been solid, just about every two box pickup has one skunk and one box with a 40%er in it. Every now and then that sole silver is a 90%er. Still, i rarely get skunked on both boxes, it's astonishing how I seem to find exactly one coin every pickup. Every now and then though I'll pull off a 4-6 box skunk streak

Some good boxes have been mixed in, scored 11 40%ers in a box two weeks ago, and out of my last two box pickup I had one skunk and 3 40%ers in the other. those are the kind of boxes that keep me going. There are some big hunters in this area but I don't think the competition is the same that you guys experience. For example, I had dropped off 9 CWR of halves I searched though at a bank, and a year later they were still there and I bought them off the teller out of pity that they've had to count them for so long. if competition was tough, they'd be gone right away

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all need to get jobs as bankers, then we could get paid while we search for silver!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I just finished my 2 boxes for this week, both skunks, that makes 11 in a row for me now, the most skunks I've had in a row yet. I feel your pain too.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've had nearly 30 boxes in a row rangnig from august 2011 to february 2012 a little break in the skunks with some decent silver, and the skunk came back.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meh, im not really in pain over it. Part of the fun, hot one week cold the next. Now, 5-6 weeks of almost nothing and I would have to scale back my volume to just a couple orders/week. HH fellas!

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....of clad. Made you look. :laughing7:

Did 12 boxes so far this week and all but one have been skunks, saved by a lone 69.

Picked up $200 in CWRs which were obviously dumps. One of the rolls had a 65 in it though. I took out the sharpie and wrote "silver" on some, and "64" on others, and one "50s." I dumped them at a bank that has a whole herd of cherry picking tellers, they also refuse to order halves. Imagine the fighting over those rolls lol! I did. :laughing7:
LOL that will teach the cherry pickin tellers!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread