Me: "Have you come across anything unusual?" Teller: "Well... I do have these"

simplyAARON

Greenie
May 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me: "Have you come across anything unusual?" Teller: "Well... I do have these"

I've read on here time and time again, the importance of befriending the tellers. A little bit of patience and joking around really goes a long way. This is an incredible find... not nearly as cool as some of y'all who find solid rolls of silver, but being in a heavily silver-mined area, I'd say this is as good as it is going to get for me

19 rolls of wheats.... 14 of the 50 states in String rolls... :hello2:

The first of the wheat rolls had 2 steelies (non-rusted in good shape) and 55-D Libierty... I'll be sure to share the results once I am done. This is really cool.

I've never found wheaties like this, and it is likely I never will again. The teller told me he'd be on the lookout for me, so that is always a plus, right??

The teller said a lady dropped them off, saying they were her dads and she was tired of holding onto them. So its a win for both of us, right?

Happy Hunting, y'all!!

shrunk whwat and SHQ.jpg

Upvote 0

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
solid rolls of wheat are always exciting !!!!! had $8 worth myself a few years back. asked for a box and they told me they didn t have a box but could give me $25 in cwr !!! well woth it !!

OP
OP
S

simplyAARON

Greenie
May 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, not too bad, all things considered. Ended up with 73 bright and shiny 64 memorials, 11 steel cents, what I believe to be a 55-D DDO1, about a roll of nicer 50's (nice and shiny), 2 poor man's DD's (1955) and a few other nice ones that go into 2x2's, 'cause they're nice lookin. I'd post pictures of some of these, but my photography isnt very good, other than taking larger "zoomed out pics."

Thanks for the kind words, y'all!!

Happy Huntin'

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find here! I couldn't agree more with you about getting in good with the tellers. Nice work and hopefully this is not the last of this type of good fortune. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread