How long have you been at CRH for?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been many new people joining this site, some stay, some go. There are several of us who seem to be vetrans on here, some not, but here's a thread for those to post how long they've been at this wonderful hobby for, I'll start out.

I've been CRH'ing for over 6 years now, I started out real small, a few rolls of pennies here and there, but in the past 2 years, I've stepped up my game.

Share how long you've been at CRH for.

Upvote 0

thtr12

May 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
less than a month. no real collection beforehand.

stats
No silver yet
160 in nickels. 1931 canadian 5 cents piece found. maybe 50 pre 1961 american nickels for my collection.
$20 in pennies (5 wheats from 40's and 50's, 2 copper canadian pennies, approx $3 in copper pennies.)
$12 in halves - nothing.
$10 in dimes - nothing
Various pocket change/Metal detected coins/found on ground and coinstar - nothing but a few foreign and tokens.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been CRH for almost 4 months, and I haven't been consistent about it. Things are looking up lately though.

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I started in mid-January of this year. It has been an awesome ride that keeps getting better every day!

H$H!!
TGB

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Started about 3-4 weeks ago and have learned a lot from you guys in that short period.

Decided to start CRH after going through some old coins that were my grandpa's with my mom on Mother's Day. Had also purchased junk and bullion silver before that. Really no need now that I know where to look for it. :icon_thumright:

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about 2 months :tongue3: but I used to collect foreign coins back in 2008-09..I purchase from Ebay lots of foreign coins..I guess that was the start of it..:thumbsup:

silvereyes

Jan 7, 2011
I've been CRHing about 1 year and 7 months. Was thinking about buying some silver way back then,so I goggled free silver and came across this site. I liked the idea of getting silver at face value. I read all the old posts on CRHing for a couple of months. But reading and doing it were different. I was shy at first, but now I play all the crazy games with the tellers to get at those shiny coins. I love the hunt.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
started around 1967 or 1968. Off and on since then until last 10 years when I retired and started at it in a serious manner

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I've been doing this seriously for about a year.

However, I started hunting nickels in 1976 from laundromat coin machines.
A dime would give you two nickels. If you didn't want them, you put them back in to get a dime, which would give you two nickels. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE DIMES ALONG WITH THE NICKELS :BangHead: . And then I forgot about it until last year.

I got started as a direct result of learning about the imminent collapse of the present economy and that only gold and silver are real money.

Love the forum; it's great entertainment.

Keep on Rollin' !

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting stories guys. I started CRH in about '87 @ age 13. I used to ride my bike into town with $8-10 & buy nickel rolls. Id go across the street & trade them in for different ones. I found a lot of wheats & war nicks back then. I didn't get into halves until last year, after finding this forum. I am getting close to 200 ounces of silver now.I wish I had known how much silver is out there in half rolls/boxes!

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 years on and off but right now i am doing 28 boxes a week, my one bank might cut me off that orders me 14 boxes a week. The only reason i am on and off with this hobby is being cut off from ordering
mARY

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 years on and off but right now i am doing 28 boxes a week, my one bank might cut me off that orders me 14 boxes a week. The only reason i am on and off with this hobby is being cut off from ordering
mARY

Ive ben doing it for 4 yearsstarted of. With just pennies. But in may of last year i sarted to do halves and every thing else

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ordering boxes for about 8 months, been collecting for most of my life out of pocket change.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been going through rolls of cents and nickels since the spring of 2008. I tried a couple of boxes of dimes and a box of halves back then but didn't find any silver and didn't really have any money to do more than nickels and dimes. I started doing halves on a weekly basis last October and I try to do a box of dimes or any CWR of dimes anytime I have extra money. I've been collecting any foreign coin I come across since I can remember.

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
Mid 2009 is when I was introduced late 2009 early 2010 is when I started and got hooked. Took a small break for school and plan on picking it back up in the fall! I can't wait!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread