How long have you been at CRH for?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been many new people joining this site, some stay, some go. There are several of us who seem to be vetrans on here, some not, but here's a thread for those to post how long they've been at this wonderful hobby for, I'll start out.

I've been CRH'ing for over 6 years now, I started out real small, a few rolls of pennies here and there, but in the past 2 years, I've stepped up my game.

Share how long you've been at CRH for.

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been many new people joining this site, some stay, some go. There are several of us who seem to be vetrans on here, some not, but here's a thread for those to post how long they've been at this wonderful hobby for, I'll start out.

I've been CRH'ing for over 6 years now, I started out real small, a few rolls of pennies here and there, but in the past 2 years, I've stepped up my game.

Share how long you've been at CRH for.

Well I am 1.5 years into CRH. Am I considered a veteran or still a junior? What do you think Buff?

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I'm currently 46 years old, and I used to CRH with my Grandpa when I was a young boy. Probably around 1976 to 1984 or so. We used to concentrate on pennies and nickels with the occasional roll of halves. We found wheat cents, war nickels, buffalo nickels, and few silver halves. We didn't do much volume back then as cash was a bit harder to come by. Fast forward to around 2001 when I got into CRHing as an adult. I've been at it non stop since then. My daughter enjoys CRHing with me. Would probably slow down a bit if she wasn't into it as well. My wife just "tolerates" my obsession. She's a good woman :laughing7:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 months!

although, I have been a coin collector my whole life.

My collection got reset in college, when I showed a 'friend' my collection...so, this is helping my new collection grow.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My collection got reset in college, when I showed a 'friend' my collection...so, this is helping my new collection grow.

ouch, sorry to hear, I only show/tell about my collection to immediate family who honestly do not care about my hobby, they just like to see I am making a buck doing what I love- though I have not sold any of my silver, i do plan to trade up for some gold.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 7 years, when the CRH forum opened. Some of my posts are still on the first page

HH
-GC

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told my dad he's a ******* for not getting me into this when I was 5 years old.

I went to alaska to help on the fishing boat when I was 13, and spent every penny I made on silver bullion @ 3 dollar an Oz. I am almost back to my pre-theft levels!

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im fresh as the wind driven snow, been at it since October 2011. I decided to buy silver a bit before that, bought 8 dimes and 8 pre 64 quarters, then discovered CRHing. Have not looked back. Since I started I have accumulated about 140 OZ of silver.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One year the 1st 4 months every thing but halfs. Then i found the boxes!!! go baby go!!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I started in 1967 - worked mostly dimes then. I took some time off then hit it hard the last few years. I have slowed a bit with a new kid.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread