CanadaCoinHuntings Coin Roll Hunting Log

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
CanadaCoinHunting's Coin Roll Hunting Log

Hey guys. Saw some great posters start up a log for their finds, so I am following in their footsteps in order to not clog up the forum with my results from coin roll hunting pennies, nickels and dimes every week. Below are my results for the week with a few pictures of the more interesting finds.

$250 Dime Box
skunk

$100 Nickel Box
123 99.9% nickel nickels (6.15%)
5 pre-1963 Canadian 12-sided nickels

$25 Penny Box
1028 copper pennies (41.12%)
- 604 1982-1996
- 94 1980-1981
- 246 1953-1979
- 82 pre-1982 American
3 Wheat pennies
10 King George VI pennies
4 dimes 8-)

$25 Penny Box
1051 copper pennies (42.04%)
- 649 1982-1996
- 94 1980-1981
- 308 1953-1979
- 0 pre-1982 American
0 Wheat pennies
3 King George VI pennies

kingresults.JPG wheatresults.JPG pre1963large.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Another nice box. I like hunting nickels too. Sure wish I could get nickel boxes with all that nickel bullion. Im finishing up my nickel box for the wknd now and so far the only Canadian nickel I've found is just a '98. Liked the video too. Good luck with your next boxes....look forward to seeing your future results.

Thank you very much Silver Face, it is great that you enjoyed the video and I appreciate the kind words. It is definitely nice to have the nickels up here, but I would give them up to do penny boxes again. :) Hope you are having a great holidays and all the best for your future searches!

OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Went through another box of nickels today. Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as the last one, but still better than nothing.

Nickel Box #36
-77 99.9% nickel nickels (3.85%)
-4 pre-1963 Canadian nickels, including a 1940 King George VI
-2 pre-1960 American nickels (1947, 1953)

I have a few more boxes right now, so I'll hunt through those and show you guys the results. As always, video below if you would like to see the results that way. All the best in your hunting this week!

Danman

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I have responded to a few of your videos on YouTube. I didn't know you post on here as well. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
I have responded to a few of your videos on YouTube. I didn't know you post on here as well. Keep up the good work!
Very cool Danman! I appreciate the kind words and thank you for responding to the videos. I haven't been active here in a while, but we are getting back into coin roll hunting more and more these days, so I jumped back in. Hope everything is going well and all the best!

OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
I was only able to grab $40 worth of nickels the other day. The bank told me that they were low on coins since it was the holiday season. That was fine with me and I was happy to take what I could get. This was a great box in relation to the 99.9% nickel nickels as I almost hit the key 10% mark, which is where the boxes were consistently about 3 years ago. Although, no real older/rare coins other than 7 1964 "Young Queens." Video below if anyone would enjoy the results that way. Hope all of your hunts are going great! :thumbsup:

$40 of Nickels
-78 99.9% nickel nickels (9.75%)
-7 1964 "Young Queens"

OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Nickel Box #38
-127 99.9% nickel nickels (6.35%)
-14 pre-1963 Canadian nickels, including 8 1945 chrome-plated steel nickels and 4 King George V nickels

This was a much better box this time around, particularly in respect of the older/more rare coins. We have been doing great on the chrome-plated steel Canadian wartime nickels, as we were fortunate to grab 8 more in this box. Also, I don't know what it is, but we also found four more King George V nickels, including two 1929s, 1935 and 1936. The latter two are not in the greatest condition, but I'll take them. Video and pictures below if anyone would like to see the results that way. I hope that you are all having a lot of fun in your searches and getting some great finds along the way! :icon_thumright:

wartimenickel.jpg
kingvreverse.jpg
kingvrobverse.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like more good results. I think my oldest Canadian nickel Ive ever found was a 1940. But its rare for me to ever find a pre '82 Canadian nickel at all. And I sometimes get my best results from just $20 or $40 in rolls that I get as compared to boxes. For example, I found 3 silver nics from just $20 in some mixed cwr and mwr's I got on Christmas eve and I didn't find any silver in my last 2 nickel boxes. But I sometimes get some pretty good boxes also.

I wish I could get all that nice nickel bullion too but U.S. nickels have silver, buffalos and other coins to look for which is what I like about nickels. Whether they r Canadian or US there is always a lot of different keepers u can find. :happy3:

HH!

OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like more good results. I think my oldest Canadian nickel Ive ever found was a 1940. But its rare for me to ever find a pre '82 Canadian nickel at all. And I sometimes get my best results from just $20 or $40 in rolls that I get as compared to boxes. For example, I found 3 silver nics from just $20 in some mixed cwr and mwr's I got on Christmas eve and I didn't find any silver in my last 2 nickel boxes. But I sometimes get some pretty good boxes also.

I wish I could get all that nice nickel bullion too but U.S. nickels have silver, buffalos and other coins to look for which is what I like about nickels. Whether they r Canadian or US there is always a lot of different keepers u can find. :happy3:

HH!
Thank you for the reply SF! You are right that this was an above average box for older coins. That is a nice 1940 KGVI nickel find; congrats! That is interesting about sometimes getting better results when doing $20-$40 in rolls. I just went through $40 (rather than full box) and found one of my highest percentage of 99.9% nickel nickels in the last few months. It is nice to get those nickel bullion coins up here, but I agree that you have it very nice with the silver war nickels, buffalos, etc. Also, I would give anything to be able to hunt through a box of pennies again. :icon_thumright:

Hope you are doing well SilverFace and best of luck on all of your future searches!

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine no penny hunting.

OP
OP
CanadaCoinHunting

CanadaCoinHunting

May 14, 2012
Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished going through my first $250 dime box for the year and was lucky enough to find 1 1953 Canadian silver dime. Not the greatest result ever, but it is nice to come away with something for all that effort. :icon_thumleft:

$250 Dime Box
-1 1953 Canadian silver dime

As always, there is a video below for those you would like to see the results that way. Hope your searches are going great everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread