Lazy tellers !!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week i had 7 banks that did'nt order me my boxes. This week i had 3 call me to tell me they for got to get me my boxes.I get boxes from ?? 18 to 20 banks every week. They are just lazy. Plus i now have to get my own bags for dumping. It was $143.00 for 250 bags .Am going to put $750 in each bag not bad..I will dump some coins in the coin counters to... If i don't do 50 boxes a week i feel like a slacker.... So does your banks for get to get you boxes ???

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Yep. Happens with fair regularity. A teller on vacation usually means a missed order.

When they finish the last hour of their job before vacation, they seem to yell "Whoopee !!" , throw everything down, and run out of the bank, to freedom.

But to be more fair, most of my tellers have been genuinely sorry when they forget.
In a close-to-minimum-wage field of employment, the most common trait is incompetence.

But many of them have more smarts than me; I wouldn't want their job.

Keep on Rollin' !

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of my BOA branches are great for this. It isn't that they "forget" to order, they just don't want to.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Happens with fair regularity. A teller on vacation usually means a missed order.

When they finish the last hour of their job before vacation, they seem to yell "Whoopee !!" , throw everything down, and run out of the bank, to freedom.

But to be more fair, most of my tellers have been genuinely sorry when they forget.
In a close-to-minimum-wage field of employment, the most common trait is incompetence.

But many of them have more smarts than me; I wouldn't want their job.

Keep on Rollin' !

Don't go and get me in trouble with my wife, Lord knows I do not need any further assistance...:laughing7:

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the teller at my bank forget 2 times in a row another time she gave away half of my one box i get a week. The 2 times she forgot was when she was very short handed and had other things to worry about
( truely). The job includes more than ordering boxes for the customer. I didnt let it bother me and brought doughnuts to her the next week. Told her i was sorry she was having it rough (she was i just wrote a a very small part of it). The time she gave half my box away it was to a little old lady that is a coin hunter. I got the little old lady back the next week by taking her whole box. :laughing7: Dont let it get to you and take the teller thats your favorite a box of doughnuts tell her thanks for the job shes doing. Happy Hunting
cooper36

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The time she gave half my box away it was to a little old lady that is a coin hunter. I got the little old lady back the next week by taking her whole box.
cooper36

Seriously you are that petty?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's every man(and woman) for themselves, they take yours, you take theirs... teach eachother a lesson, of course i've personally never had this problem, fortunately.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, my bank forgot to order my weekly order ONCE in the year i've had a weekly order with them.. some tellers are forgetful, it helps to be real nice to the tellers and buy them sweets and stuff.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these last two weeks it's happened to me three times, one at a bank it has never happened with and the other two banks were new, so I'm still breaking them in.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus i now have to get my own bags for dumping. It was $143.00 for 250 bags
When I was doing 3-4 boxes a week in halves and who knows how much in cents Wells Fargo always gave me those heavy plastic coin bags. I would bring in 2 bags of coin and ask for 3-4 bags. built up a nice stockpile of them.

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my pickup banks gives me those bags when I pick up change off them. I told them not to seal them so I can reuse them, it's win-win.

Side note; I also had a teller forget to order 2 boxes for me. She seems to forget once a month... I'm pretty sure it's just a way to manage the cost of boxes.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
And here I get annoyed that my bank calls me to see if they can order boxes for me. I could get 8k a day, but there are more important things like lazing away on the beach.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
petty?
you dont know the little old lady here. She took the whole box that was ordered for me more than a couple times, I get hers when i can as she takes mine all the time, and i didnt see her name on it as its not left the bank.So yes i guess I am petty

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was doing 3-4 boxes a week in halves and who knows how much in cents Wells Fargo always gave me those heavy plastic coin bags. I would bring in 2 bags of coin and ask for 3-4 bags. built up a nice stockpile of them.
They gave me my 1st 250 for free.I put $750 in each bag so it ok with me>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread