Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lazy tellers !!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2011
    835 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Lazy tellers !!!

Last week i had 7 banks that did'nt order me my boxes. This week i had 3 call me to tell me they for got to get me my boxes.I get boxes from ?? 18 to 20 banks every week. They are just lazy. Plus i now have to get my own bags for dumping. It was $143.00 for 250 bags .Am going to put $750 in each bag not bad..I will dump some coins in the coin counters to... If i don't do 50 boxes a week i feel like a slacker.... So does your banks for get to get you boxes

us
    May 2011
    18 times
    Yep. Happens with fair regularity. A teller on vacation usually means a missed order.

When they finish the last hour of their job before vacation, they seem to yell "Whoopee !!" , throw everything down, and run out of the bank, to freedom.

But to be more fair, most of my tellers have been genuinely sorry when they forget.
    In a close-to-minimum-wage field of employment, the most common trait is incompetence.

But many of them have more smarts than me; I wouldn't want their job.

Keep on Rollin' !

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    1073 times
    silver surfing
    A couple of my BOA branches are great for this. It isn't that they "forget" to order, they just don't want to.

us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Piledriver View Post
    Yep. Happens with fair regularity. A teller on vacation usually means a missed order.

When they finish the last hour of their job before vacation, they seem to yell "Whoopee !!" , throw everything down, and run out of the bank, to freedom.

But to be more fair, most of my tellers have been genuinely sorry when they forget.
    In a close-to-minimum-wage field of employment, the most common trait is incompetence.

But many of them have more smarts than me; I wouldn't want their job.

Keep on Rollin' !
    Don't go and get me in trouble with my wife, Lord knows I do not need any further assistance...
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

us
    cooper36

Nov 2011
    east coast
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomUIC View Post
    Don't go and get me in trouble with my wife, Lord knows I do not need any further assistance...

us
    cooper36

Nov 2011
    east coast
    147 times
    I had the teller at my bank forget 2 times in a row another time she gave away half of my one box i get a week. The 2 times she forgot was when she was very short handed and had other things to worry about
    ( truely). The job includes more than ordering boxes for the customer. I didnt let it bother me and brought doughnuts to her the next week. Told her i was sorry she was having it rough (she was i just wrote a a very small part of it). The time she gave half my box away it was to a little old lady that is a coin hunter. I got the little old lady back the next week by taking her whole box. Dont let it get to you and take the teller thats your favorite a box of doughnuts tell her thanks for the job shes doing. Happy Hunting
    cooper36

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Tesoro Sidewinder, White's Coinmaster, White's Surfmaster II
    294 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper36 View Post
    The time she gave half my box away it was to a little old lady that is a coin hunter. I got the little old lady back the next week by taking her whole box.
    cooper36
    Seriously you are that petty?

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1324 times
    it's every man(and woman) for themselves, they take yours, you take theirs... teach eachother a lesson, of course i've personally never had this problem, fortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzjavert View Post
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1324 times
    Tim, my bank forgot to order my weekly order ONCE in the year i've had a weekly order with them.. some tellers are forgetful, it helps to be real nice to the tellers and buy them sweets and stuff.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Feb 2012
    704 times
    these last two weeks it's happened to me three times, one at a bank it has never happened with and the other two banks were new, so I'm still breaking them in.

us
    Mar 2012
    Middle Tn
    302 times
    CRH,Storage Unit Auctions
    Maybe they are just getting tired of ya?

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    479 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TimZim View Post
    Plus i now have to get my own bags for dumping. It was $143.00 for 250 bags
    When I was doing 3-4 boxes a week in halves and who knows how much in cents Wells Fargo always gave me those heavy plastic coin bags. I would bring in 2 bags of coin and ask for 3-4 bags. built up a nice stockpile of them.

us
    Mangling rolls since '09

May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    One of my pickup banks gives me those bags when I pick up change off them. I told them not to seal them so I can reuse them, it's win-win.

Side note; I also had a teller forget to order 2 boxes for me. She seems to forget once a month... I'm pretty sure it's just a way to manage the cost of boxes.

us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    774 times
    And here I get annoyed that my bank calls me to see if they can order boxes for me. I could get 8k a day, but there are more important things like lazing away on the beach.
    frankendime likes this.

us
    cooper36

Nov 2011
    east coast
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzjavert View Post
    petty?
    you dont know the little old lady here. She took the whole box that was ordered for me more than a couple times, I get hers when i can as she takes mine all the time, and i didnt see her name on it as its not left the bank.So yes i guess I am petty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links