Zero to 8 Walkers in 10 seconds.....

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hello all, I have had a very good year so far with halves but until yesterday I hadn't yet found my first Walker.....Walked into my local back where there is a teller there that knows I collect coins and she is also the one who orders my boxes for me every couple weeks.....She immediately said to me, "Hey, I have some funny looking halves for you." She then proceeds to open her drawer and hand me 8 Walkers, 7 1939's, 1 1942!!!

I didn't want her to feel like she was missing out on anything so I calmly thanked her without making a big fuss and was on my way. I stared at them in the car for about 10 minutes ;D

It still amazes me that the general public is so unaware of valuble coins and precious metals.

All in all, a very exciting day for me!

HH all!

Greg

Attachments

• 2685.jpg
    2685.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 2689.jpg
    2689.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Awesome !!! What a great way to receive your first Walker... in a quantity of eight !!

Buy that teller some flowers :) Congrats on a nice score.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Yes you sure have a very nice teller and bank! Congratulations on the Walkers!

I would also suggest to bring the teller something for her act of kindness. My bank doesn't find or hold silver for me,but they do allow me to return all my boxes of halves to them without any fuss. I ask them if I can bring in 4 boxes at a time and they say sure not a problem,even one teller came out to my car to help me carry them in. Another teller gave me some foreign coins for my collection. I just brought the bank some delicious Halloween treats and I plan on bringing them Christmas gifts. In my entire life I have never had a better bank than this one,they are super friendly and helpful.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations that is really awesome. I would certainly be happy with that as well, especially since that is my favorite coin.

Rev

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic!!!

I'd have to agree with the flower idea - I'd work very hard to ingratiate myself to that teller! Flowers, candy, fruit basket - anything without any romantic connotations.

Congratulations!

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Flowers would be nice! I've found that a simple thank you goes a long way...Tellers are usually very friendly when they get to know you,,,more flies with honey so they say...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions