LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to about ten banks over the course of the day...nothing. On the way home I stop at a bank and buy a box of pennies just have something to do tonight, I also ask for halves. She says "Our other bank (3 miles away) has like 300$ worth, some old man cashed in his coin collection"....needless to say my pulse went up. I go to second branch she has only 59$ left (drat!). I buy them and they were indeed a collection in plastic tubes labeled with respective dates and everything. Only scored 1 40% from a mixed paper roll AND I ended up with 5 plastic (squared) tubes. SO not a total loss........ So i go across the street the another bank just because I'm never in this town regularly. I ask for halves = "no but I have large dollar coins, 8$ worth" I buy them........no morgans, but I did score a KING! 1972 type 2 IKE! My first!..... ALWAYS ACT ON YOUR WHIMS!!

Upvote 0

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tellers split all the silver for themselves already. Good try though.

OP
OP
bnicholas26

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tellers split all the silver for themselves already. Good try though.

They were actually very nice to me. I think someone just got to it before I did with an even $300 in pocket. I left my name and number for them.

OP
OP
bnicholas26

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The penny box yielded a 1912 and 1937. love this hobby

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I saw this post I looked at the Ike's I got today and I'm having trouble in determining whether mine is a t2

image-3541424482.jpg

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I know Im a Canadian when my first thought reading this was " He found a King George VI half " LOL

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7: That is what I also thought!

Canadian eh! Santafeboy, are you actually Canadian or the "KING" phrase is a test of how much your inner-self is Canadian?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool i never got hard plastic coin rolls before... the coin shop sells them for $0.80 each by me.
HH
Buff

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
:laughing7: That is what I also thought!

Canadian eh! Santafeboy, are you actually Canadian or the "KING" phrase is a test of how much your inner-self is Canadian?

I was born and raised in Toronto area eh lived there till coming to the US as a teenager I developed my coin addiction up there

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I just went through the better part of $160 worth of 1972 Ikes tonight and found nary a one I could with certainty say was a Type II. There were a couple I couldn't say for sure that the Earth even had landmass. One had such a nice reverse side I was scratching my head trying to figure out whatever happened to the Earth. Almost like someone took emery paper to it. Only the barest of hints remained. A few others were so scratched it was impossible to say Type I or II. [sigh] Guess I'll just have to sweet talk the tellers into ordering me another bag. Never know, may find a decent Type II and ANOTHER Peace dollar. :laughing7:

Rascal

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rascal said:
I just went through the better part of $160 worth of 1972 Ikes tonight and found nary a one I could with certainty say was a Type II. There were a couple I couldn't say for sure that the Earth even had landmass. One had such a nice reverse side I was scratching my head trying to figure out whatever happened to the Earth. Almost like someone took emery paper to it. Only the barest of hints remained. A few others were so scratched it was impossible to say Type I or II. [sigh] Guess I'll just have to sweet talk the tellers into ordering me another bag. Never know, may find a decent Type II and ANOTHER Peace dollar. :laughing7:

Rascal

How much are those bags of Ike's?

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you tell the difference between a Type I and Type II... I scored $27 worth at my dump bank on Wednesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread