So, what do you get out of a box with one ender showing? Look and see!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
:hello2:Well, I'm not one to post pics, but, I know when I see someone with a good box it gives me hope to keep on searchin so, I figured I'd show you my second best box so far, ( my best was a few weeks ago with a box that had 4 90% and 37 40%. This box had 4 firsts for me, (1) my first walker, (2) my first 87, (3) my first liberty half (4) first 2010 proof, on top of that, 29 40%! I threw the pick of the Auntie Annes coin in because I know I've seen people say they had recieved them before, and it was in there. Oh I forgot, this was from 4 boxes I searched yesterday, 3 were skunks, which put me at 14 skunks in a row, I got home and looked for enders and the 1 box had 1 showing on top,( it's the middle one in the pics with the 3 rolls) so I saved that one for last. I also took pics of the rolls to show everyone that these were all brinks cube boxes, but 2 had diferent wrappers inside and 2 had the same as the ender box, first time I've had the different colored rolls before. Keep on searching!

Attachments

• DSCN0601.JPG
    DSCN0601.JPG
    924.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN0606.JPG
    DSCN0606.JPG
    382.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN0602.JPG
    DSCN0602.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • DSCN0610.JPG
    DSCN0610.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN0609.JPG
    DSCN0609.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • DSCN0608.JPG
    DSCN0608.JPG
    576 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. I had a cube box yesterday with a 64 obverse ender and also a 66 reverse ender. The box only produced 3 coins total including those two. OTOH I had a box with no enders that produced 21 40%. You just never know.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, you never know, but I allways feel good when I see at least 1 ender, my best ox had 4 enders, I was super excited when I saw those, allmost every roll had silver, that was a fun and loud night in my house.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not selfish. I would have been happy to find a 2010 proof. Needless to say I'd be ecstatic finding a box with all the other goodies, too. Ya done done good!

Rascal

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Nice box, good mix of different coins. Yeah, my best box ever had five enders, sure is fun to keep getting multipal silver in roll after roll. First thing I always look for with every box, even nickels and dimes, just seeing one ender and knowing the box isn't a skunk is a good start.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice box, good mix of different coins. Yeah, my best box ever had five enders, sure is fun to keep getting multipal silver in roll after roll. First thing I always look for with every box, even nickels and dimes, just seeing one ender and knowing the box isn't a skunk is a good start.
Yes, it is a good feeling seeing an ender and knowing it's not a skunk, usually if i see an ender I know it's going to be a good box, a few posts up, Namster said he had a box with 2 enders and only found 3 total, that would be a little disapointing, seeing 2 enders would make us all think it's going to be a great box. I haven't had that happen yet, thank god. Thanks for the reply.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is a good feeling seeing an ender and knowing it's not a skunk, usually if i see an ender I know it's going to be a good box, a few posts up, Namster said he had a box with 2 enders and only found 3 total, that would be a little disapointing, seeing 2 enders would make us all think it's going to be a great box. I haven't had that happen yet, thank god. Thanks for the reply.

In my experience, two enders is not a universal indication of a good box. In the last 6 weeks I have had 4-5 boxes with two enders and the best I did was 6 total coins. I even had a box with ben and WL enders (two total), those were the only silvers in the whole box! I dont get excited until I see 3+ enders. Last week 3 enders netted 17 coins. I had 7 enders once, that box netted 67 coins IIRC.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, that proof may be silver, do the drop test and compare edges, you never know! the newest proof i've gotten was 2007 a while back, they are hard to come by.
congrats on the walker and commem too!
HH
Buff

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas! I say that, because that's exactly how it feels to me when i open a box like that. Nice finds! Walkers are the best - knowing you scored one @ face value. I'm with you on the ender theory - 2 is good, tho I have had a 2-silver, 2-ender box before; but I have never had a 3 ender box that didn't produce less than about 20-30 silvers. The more enders, the more representative they will be of what's inside.
Congrats!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, that proof may be silver, do the drop test and compare edges, you never know! the newest proof i've gotten was 2007 a while back, they are hard to come by.
congrats on the walker and commem too!
HH
Buff

The edge will be bright silver, they are 90%, no need to drop test.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many times i get enders and nothing else!! But it does give me hope. Nice finds

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
In my experience, two enders is not a universal indication of a good box. In the last 6 weeks I have had 4-5 boxes with two enders and the best I did was 6 total coins. I even had a box with ben and WL enders (two total), those were the only silvers in the whole box! I dont get excited until I see 3+ enders. Last week 3 enders netted 17 coins. I had 7 enders once, that box netted 67 coins IIRC.

Wow, I can understand not getting excited, I'm sure I will encounter one of those boxes sometime, I just haven't yet. It's been the opposite for me, I hope that changes for you. There's nothing worse than seeing enders and they're the only ones in the box i guess, except a skunk. The way my trend has been though, I'm probably looking at at least 10 more skunks in a row before another silver will appear. We'll see, 4 more boxes later this week.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an ender is a guaranteed keeper before you even crack open the roll, i've gotten a few in the past, none recently, i check every time.
So many times i get enders and nothing else!! But it does give me hope. Nice finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread