First time roll hunting

P

Pcola_native

I've been lurking at this site for quite a while and thought I would try some roll hunting. Went to the three banks yesterday and picked up six rolls. The first roll had a 1967 half. The other five turned up nothing. Today the wife and I go into our bank to make a deposit. I asked the teller if she had any rolls of half dollars. She looked and replied "no". As I was about to leave the teller next to her said she had two, so itook both. I got home and looked. Two 1964's and seventeen 40%. I might be hooked.

Upvote 0

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Way to go! Nice starting the first hunt with silver.

My first day I got $8 in halves at a branch. (All they had) I found 3-40%ers. I was hooked too.

Just wait 'til you find a few Franklins and Walkers!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome first expreience! Welcome to the adult equivalent of Christmas morning. Look forward to hearing more about your finds!

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two 1964's and seventeen 40%. I might be hooked.

Might be hooked? Stop! You're killing me. If results like that don't hook you, you're un-'hook'-able. Congrats on the first go. Make sure to give HobBob your find totals.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations that is a good start. More than that Welcome to the forum and to the hobby. I wish you have a great amount of luck in your hunt.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread