Awesome find at a random bank today!!! _*~_*~_*~_*~PICTURES_*~_*~_*~_*~

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I was out of my area earlier today and decided why not hit a few banks?
Here's the totals for a 3-mile streach of road with 6 banks on it,

Bank 1: denied, had no account.
Bank 2: denied, had no account(same bank as bank #1)
Bank 3: had no half dollars and could not spare any boxes of coin.
Bank 4: denied, had no account.
Bank 5: $30 in CWR halves, skunk.
Bank 6: no halves, but the teller told me she had an old foreign coin and i could buy it for $1... she hands me a 1925-p SILVER PEACE DOLLAR! my first ever real silver dollar in circulation... gotta love them clueless tellers, this is the find of the week for sure!
HH
Buff

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg

Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and yours is the RARE "Trvst" variety!!!

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Good job. I always ask for halves and large dollar coins but, I have almost given up on the chance of every getting a real silver dollar handed to me. I would make that a semi-regular stop so she knows your coming if she ever gets any more of them foreign coins again.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought a teller would hand me one either, my area is filled with silver snatchers, I guess out of my area they don't pick as much... though you would wonder, won't a large dollar coin like that from 1925 spark some attention? :icon_scratch:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Awsome find! That would be find of the year for me.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
As discolored as that 'foreign' coin is with the black specs it really isn't an album piece. Tell you what, I'll double your money for it AND pay the postage so you can feel good about helping that nice teller out. Heck, I might even just triple your money for you since you are nice guy and all. :happysmiley:

Rascal

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Congrats!!!!! I am truly happy for you!!!!!

I scored a common Peace dollar when I was just starting CRH...out of sheer, unadulterated luck...from an older teller that was complaining about how the coin wouldn't fit into her coin tray.

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!!! Banks in my area rarely have Eisenhowers, that is truly a great find, I'm jealous to say the least!

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Way to go, BB!

BTW, I sometimes think that America 1925 IS a different country than America 2012.

Keep on Rollin' !

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I've never really understood why banks deny simple things like selling CWRs and such to non-customers, I can understand something like cashing checks that aren't drawn on that bank, but shouldn't banks focus on providing great customer service -before- people are customers so they will choose that bank when they need a bank?

I mean, there's no possibility for loss in doing it and the worst you can do is gain a new customer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread