Streaks are meant to be broken....

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Ended my halves box skunk streak today at 7. I know that's not much to you high volume searchers, but it's been my longest streak since I started hunting about 7 months ago. The box produced 2x1968's, hopefully more to come in a box tomorrow.

I also scored a 1964 and 1967 from $3.50 in tellers trays Tuesday. Those were my first teller tray finds which I was pretty excited about. Every little bit counts!

I also went to one of the "We buy Gold & Silver" type places today to ask if they bought 40%ers. They said yes, but only offered me $3 per coin, I respectfully declined. I'll probably try to trade up sometime soon, but am hoping silver goes up enough to get at least $4-$4.50 per coin.

Good luck everybody!
bblair

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, a small skunk streak indeed, nothing like what I am getting...
HH
Buff

OP
OP
bblair

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Buff - that's probably because you are in TimZim land. I respect your patience, I was getting frustrated after 5 skunks. I thought that if I make it to 10 skunks I might take a break for a few weeks, but then there's the chance I'd miss out on a few good boxes. Keep pushing forward Buff, hopefully a dream box will come your way!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks! everybody knows I won't give up until I am getting all orange halves back!!
HH
Buff

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I also went to one of the "We buy Gold & Silver" type places today to ask if they bought 40%ers. They said yes, but only offered me $3 per coin, I respectfully declined. I'll probably try to trade up sometime soon, but am hoping silver goes up enough to get at least $4-$4.50 per coin.

Look at my post "Cash For Gold" (posted today).

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended my halves box skunk streak today at 7. I know that's not much to you high volume searchers, but it's been my longest streak since I started hunting about 7 months ago. The box produced 2x1968's, hopefully more to come in a box tomorrow.

I also scored a 1964 and 1967 from $3.50 in tellers trays Tuesday. Those were my first teller tray finds which I was pretty excited about. Every little bit counts!

Good luck everybody!
bblair

$3 per 40% is not a horrible offer. Thats about 75% of melt, which is at least double what most of those "cash for gold" type places generally offer. Many of those places were offering less than that when silver was a lot closer to $50.

OP
OP
bblair

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, it's not a bad deal because they aren't in that much demand. I'm just saying I'd like to wait until silver goes back to (hopefully) $32-$35 before I sell. I don't want to sell low.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ended my 16 box skunk streak :hello: with a box that produced 22 40%ers, 2 64's, and a 62 ben :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread