30.9 KB · Views: 127
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 406

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i'm surprised by the steel penny. my understanding was that coinstar has magnets that might catch them?? i guess i was mistaken. that might be my best hope to ever find a steelie.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
i'm surprised by the steel penny. my understanding was that coinstar has magnets that might catch them?? i guess i was mistaken. that might be my best hope to ever find a steelie.

Some do, some don't. The ones in my area don't, the machine (not Coinstar brand) in my CU has a magnet from which I get coins very often along with the inside tray of that machine.

Last edited:

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I havent found anything in a coinstar in a while One reason I think is in a lot of the stores around here they have moved them to right in front of the checkout and Im sure a lot of the employees are wise to searching the reject tray

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be super happy with that. The best thing I found at a Coinstar was a ball of lint on the floor.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
tkessler77

tkessler77

Mar 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it rejects all steel coins. Because it needs to reject the canada steel. What do coin machines do with non-steel canadian coins?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I havent found anything in a coinstar in a while One reason I think is in a lot of the stores around here they have moved them to right in front of the checkout and Im sure a lot of the employees are wise to searching the reject tray

All of the ones in my area are right by the checkout, and still have found silver (none this year, but they were always in the same spot).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions