Wheat War # 66 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
We both searched rolls bought $5 to $10 at a time while searching for halves. Dad broke the 10 wheat barrier with 11 Wheats (oldest 1934) winning the battle. Dad also managed 2 King Georges VI, and his dime streak ended. Tanner lost the battle but found 2 cents for our "Found in the Wild Book":hello2::hello2: We are lucky to fill one hole every 2 months. Tanner found 9 Wheats (oldest 1935s) and 6 common wheats. The 1935s and a 1939s were both needed for our book.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• Wheat War 66.JPG
    Wheat War 66.JPG
    375.2 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to dad!
So do you guys count a KGVI penny as a wheat, in terms of a score?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I attached a new copy of the "Wheat Wars" spreadsheet to this post.

Attachments

• Wheat Wars.pdf
    122.3 KB · Views: 70

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems Tanner is way ahead! That was very considerate of you Sagittarius98 to create the "battle" stats. :icon_thumleft:
HSH,
apush

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems Tanner is way ahead! That was very considerate of you Sagittarius98 to create the "battle" stats. :icon_thumleft:
HSH,
apush

Thanks for the stats Sagitarius98. The solid rolls Tanner scored a while back really pushed him ahead.
Dad and Tanner

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
HSH,
apush

Thanks for the stats Sagitarius98. The solid rolls Tanner scored a while back really pushed him ahead.
Dad and Tanner

I knew that no one tracked them, so I thought I would do it. Battle 15 has question marks because it was most likely skipped, meaning this battle is truly #65. I counted just wheats, no IH.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Battle 15 is a lost episode. That was way back when before I used the printer to post our finds.
Dad and Tanner

We will never know what happened at the episode 15 of 1st season. I bet there were hundreds of IH and a petty pile of flying eagles found :headbang:

Keep up the battles, I enjoy watching the resluts :thumb_up:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread