Gotta love those tellers...

jd12345555

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am fairly knew to CRH but I am already hooked. Just wanted to share my hunting experience today. I haven't ordered boxes from banks yet. I just go after what the banks have on hand. Anyway, first stop today I ask if they have any halves and the teller has two in her tray and asks the other tellers. All in all the first bank has $3.50 in loose halves. I go ahead and buy them and as I'm walking back to my car I take a look and notice a 1964 and a 1967. Gotta love those tellers that keep loose silver in their trays. Here's a pic of my finds for today. Does anyone know about the Mexican piece?
photo-2.JPG

Upvote 0

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope youre not in my area. Your finds are like 85% of the silver in Phoenix. jk.

Congrats on being hooked. Wait until you find a solid roll. FAP FAP FAP

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how long those silver-edged sweeties sat in that tray, looking up at that teller, and she thought nothing of it. (I NEVER find silver halves in tellers' trays here BTW.) Dude, how can you look at a silver edge and not get all hot & bothered?? I don't get tellers that don't cull silver right in front of their own eyes!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The Mexican 1 peso is a 1970-1983 design. In your condition, it is worth maybe $0.25 to $1.

Tell me the year and type and I will tell you the exact value. It is the old peso, so the "face value" is 1/1000 of a modern peso, or $0.00007.

Mexico Un Peso KM460 Type Identifier

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread