Feel like a kid again!

jedi9

Jun 13, 2012
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and just wanted to say thanks for sharing your stories. I was always fascinated with coins growing up but as I got older lost some interest. But now I'm back and inspired thanks to you guys! Went to a small town bank today and picked up 15 rolls of half dollars! As soon as I got to the truck I saw a 40% looking right at me out of the end of the roll! I was like a kid at Christmas time when I got home. I ended up with 2 90%ers 1 40% and a 2002. I'm pretty pumped! I called the bank and they said they had 35 more rolls so I'm pickin them up in the morning! I'll let you all know what we find! Thanks again and good luck!

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet jedi, it is a great and rewarding place to share your finds, thoughts and just to discuss the matters of mutual interest.
Was the 2002 a proof or something? What is so special about it?
I know that feeling, when you wait for tomorrow to come and go to that bank and get more to search.

OP
OP
J

jedi9

Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the welcome! I read in the thread for beginners that any half after 2001 was worth keeping because they weren't meant for circulation. Is that true? I have alot to learn!

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2002 and later is not ment for circulation but its not woth keeping. Ig et a bunch of the all the time.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, throw back any half that is not silver, in general. 74 DDO is worth keeping supposedly, be my guest going through all those lol. For halves, silver is where its at.

OP
OP
J

jedi9

Jun 13, 2012
Ok will do! Are there a lot of 74 DDO's? I started to look at all my 74's but lost interest pretty quick. Hard on the eyes! Lol.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't forget to look at your 1776-1976 ones either, I have only found 1 ever (it's my avitar)but some were 40% silver. I also keep proofs, but thats up to you, I don't find many, so when I do, I keep them. Welcome and good luck hunting!

OP
OP
J

jedi9

Jun 13, 2012
Thanks, I was going to ask how to tell. I went and picked up the rest of the box from the bank the next day and we found 2 more 40%ers! Now my wife is hooked too! I also found a 1987p. I remember seeing somewhere to look for these. Are they more rare and why?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They are NIFC, just like the 2002-present halves.

I find plenty of the 2002 - present halves, but have only just found my 3rd 87 last week. Here they seem far and few between. They aren't really worth anything more, but it took me 8 + months to find my first one, so I keep them. Yes sagittarius98, I know you can edge check for them, but he may have not known about the 76ers so just figured I'd mention it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread