check out this war nickel :-)

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Still going through my box of nickels and came across this fine looking war nickel. And its a key date one too. 1943D Enjoy!!!!:headbang:

ab28418f.jpg

cf4d7c8c.jpg

Upvote 0

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I like it!
Found a war nickel in change the other day, did not look nearly as nice as this.

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
AU/MS war nicks in rolls are super-rare. I've got two out of 266 boxes... so great find!

Strangely, one of my two is also a '43-D.

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Thanks guys. I was pretty happy and surprised myself. First war nickel I have found this nice looking. Most of mine are black color. I average 2 war nickels per box and I go through 4 boxes a week. Still have the other half of the box to go through. I'll update with results when done.

Hopper39

Oct 1, 2011
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU/MS war nicks in rolls are super-rare. I've got two out of 266 boxes... so great find!

Strangely, one of my two is also a '43-D.

x1 43-P for me. Definitely one of my favorite coins that I've found, especially given the state you normally find those war nics in. Congrats rfishoutofwater!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! definately the best war nickel I've seen posted on here...
HH
Buff

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I put this 43 D in a 2x2 tonight and was looking at it through my loop and noticed that the stairs are all visible and that it looks like there is a die crack from the E in EPLURIBUS all the way down to the last A in AMERICA. I tried to scan it but it would not come out clear.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I put this 43 D in a 2x2 tonight and was looking at it through my loop and noticed that the stairs are all visible and that it looks like there is a die crack from the E in EPLURIBUS all the way down to the last A in AMERICA. I tried to scan it but it would not come out clear.

I can see a portion of it on the Monticello.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
UGH!! I love finding war nickels, and I want to find one that isn't all black already. I want to find a 1942 S UNC in a roll. I love S Mint marks (:

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
With full steps and graded that is $150 - $200 dollar coin.
That doesn't have FS, I can tell you that much from the out-of-focus pictures.
Oh yeah thanks freedom.I left off the zeros on accident.
It's okay to be wrong once in a while, don't make excuses...

Whatever, the coin isn't worth grading anyway, it's probably a $10-$15 coin. So you were right in the first place, Nickel...

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Thanks guys for all the input. I will try to get some better pics. Even at $10-15 is good. My best war nickel find to date. Love it. If its $100-$150 I would get graded but I don't see that.

Here are a couple more

acdf43b7.jpg

f0d7e055.jpg

Last edited:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the steps full? Can't tell by picture. The price will hinge on "FS" or not. If it is "FS" then you got a whopper.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions