Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: thinking of buying a COOL BLUE Ryedale Penny Sorter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2012
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

thinking of buying a COOL BLUE Ryedale Penny Sorter

one question I have though is it can do like 10-15k pennies per hour, so what are the best ways to get like 50,000-100,000 pennies weekly without pissing off the banks?
    Rolls/Change

wheats:41/100
    coppers:2000/15000

90% silver 0/50
    40% silver0/100

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Oct 2011
    28 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Order small amounts from multiple different banks. I ordered 20 boxes one week at my cu, and when I came to pick them up the teller told me her manager limited it to 5 boxes from now on...

Apr 2012
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleslick18 View Post
    Order small amounts from multiple different banks. I ordered 20 boxes one week at my cu, and when I came to pick them up the teller told me her manager limited it to 5 boxes from now on...
    so i could order like 4 from 5 different banks each week
    Rolls/Change

90% silver 0/50
    40% silver0/100

us
    Dec 2009
    Brookland, AR
    E-trac, White's DFX
    589 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you don't have them already, you'll need dump banks lined up as well as order banks. A Ryedale will be all but useless if you can't get rid of all the zincolns.

May 2006
    CO, AZ
    dfx, Ryedale!
    133 times
    I ordered 4 boxes ($100) from a total of 20 different banks. many of hte same bank, but different branches. PIcked them all up, and had 80 boxes. Did the same thing 2 weeks later, and they had no problem in it. Ordering only 4 boxes, only every other week, is something most branches are okay with.

That gives you 160 boxes to start. Believe me, it will take a while to go through 160 boxes. In fact, I stocked up on a few hundred boxes before the end of the year, so that I got them before the new year influx came, diluting the copper even more. I still have about 30 boxes left from DECEMBER! I think I ordered 250 boxes or so. haven't ordered ANy since then, although if I had the time ot work these faster I would order long before I am out. This way it is not all at once for them. When i get down to about 10, I'll order 80 more. Still only 4 boxes from each branch, and branches I have not ordered pennies from since December. They don't consider that oo often or too much. :-)

Dumping IS an issue though. I'm okay with that, but make sure you get that lined up, as about 80% of what you pick up goes back to the banks. Be aware of that.

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    Mississippi
    1157 times
    i just went to the bank and asked for 2 boxes of pennies, got them... they look to be mostly new 2012 pennies though, so be aware of that too...
    hh
    buff
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Apr 2011
    597 times
    If u order small batches from several banks u are less likely to get 10 boxes of all new cents. Also, CWRs tend to produce higher rate of coppers for me... Get some of those

Jul 2012
    11 times
    Hi MoneyBags,

I think it really depends what works for you. Personally I am not willing to drive to 20 banks each week. That seems a little excessive and my car isn't great on gas. I would start out small and work your way up. You need to figure out where you're going to be returning the coin first. Ordering coin is easy.

If you're sorting 100k a week a ryedale will open up your week. But if you're like me that free time will be filled by more sorting, ordering and returning.

If you're just sorting for copper, and not looking for varieties/errors a ryedale isn't a bad investment. They are solid machines and worth the investment. The time you'll spend sorting will drop to a couple hours. Which is a great advantage.

my 2 cents as a former Ryedale user...
    ~JobIII
    BuffaloBoy and MoneyBags like this.
    Follow my blog here: xxJOBIIIxx.blogspot.com
    Quick link to my blogs photo collection: xxJOBIIIxx.blogspot.com/coin-pictures

Apr 2012
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by JobIII View Post
    Hi MoneyBags,

I think it really depends what works for you. Personally I am not willing to drive to 20 banks each week. That seems a little excessive and my car isn't great on gas. I would start out small and work your way up. You need to figure out where you're going to be returning the coin first. Ordering coin is easy.

If you're sorting 100k a week a ryedale will open up your week. But if you're like me that free time will be filled by more sorting, ordering and returning.

If you're just sorting for copper, and not looking for varieties/errors a ryedale isn't a bad investment. They are solid machines and worth the investment. The time you'll spend sorting will drop to a couple hours. Which is a great advantage.

my 2 cents as a former Ryedale user...
    ~JobIII
    thanks I would just call on the phone then pick them up when they get there and yea dumping the coins im not sure where i would do it yet.
    Rolls/Change

90% silver 0/50
    40% silver0/100

us
    Jan 2012
    Wisconsin
    8 times
    Build your own sorter! I did it and so have many members on this site. If you like tinkering with electronics and figuring out how things work, you can build a sorter that can sort about the same capacity as a Ryedale for about $100 or less. If you have questions, all you have to do is search "penny sorter" in the search box and post it to one of the threads. If you are looking to fo the easy route, go with Ryedale, I have heard nothing but good things about the sorters!

Jul 2012
    11 times
    If you are good at tinkering maybe this is a good idea. Ryedale's are not exactly cheap machines. I personally was not able to construct a sorting device. Thought about it for a while then opted to just spend some cash on a professionally built sorter. I'm not gaining from supporting Ryedale's products. I just feel they are very efficient, reliable, have replaceable parts, and if you maintain your Ryedale it will have a high resale value (that is if you sell it while copper is still in circulation).

Jul 2012
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBags View Post
    thanks I would just call on the phone then pick them up when they get there and yea dumping the coins im not sure where i would do it yet.
    Where are you from? What state?

Apr 2012
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Where are you from? What state?
    oklahoma
    Rolls/Change

90% silver 0/50
    40% silver0/100

Apr 2012
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jarlbartar View Post
    Build your own sorter! I did it and so have many members on this site. If you like tinkering with electronics and figuring out how things work, you can build a sorter that can sort about the same capacity as a Ryedale for about $100 or less. If you have questions, all you have to do is search "penny sorter" in the search box and post it to one of the threads. If you are looking to fo the easy route, go with Ryedale, I have heard nothing but good things about the sorters!
    I am not good with this sort of stuff I wish I was theres no way I could ever make one like Ryedale.

If you are good at tinkering maybe this is a good idea. Ryedale's are not exactly cheap machines. I personally was not able to construct a sorting device. Thought about it for a while then opted to just spend some cash on a professionally built sorter. I'm not gaining from supporting Ryedale's products. I just feel they are very efficient, reliable, have replaceable parts, and if you maintain your Ryedale it will have a high resale value (that is if you sell it while copper is still in circulation).
    Yea i think I will buy it soon I want to do a few more boxes by hand first.
    Rolls/Change

90% silver 0/50
    40% silver0/100

Jul 2012
    11 times
    Well I can't offer any advice for that state. If you were on the east coast I would suggest you look into returning coin to a TD Bank near you. They have coin counters.

Before you buy a Ryedale. Find out how many banks in your area have coin counting machines. Avoid Coinstars because they will fee you. Most large chain banks have counters and lots of branches. This turns out to be a win-win for the sorters.

~JobIII

Apr 2012
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Well I can't offer any advice for that state. If you were on the east coast I would suggest you look into returning coin to a TD Bank near you. They have coin counters.

Before you buy a Ryedale. Find out how many banks in your area have coin counting machines. Avoid Coinstars because they will fee you. Most large chain banks have counters and lots of branches. This turns out to be a win-win for the sorters.

~JobIII
    ok thank you I will call them if they dont what does it mean in regards to not buying the Ryedale?
    Last edited by MoneyBags; Jul 06, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Rolls/Change

90% silver 0/50
    40% silver0/100

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    630 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBags View Post
    ok thank you I will call them if they dont what does it mean in regards to not buying the Ryedale?
    It will be harder to dump if you have to reroll your cents.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Apr 2012
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius98 View Post
    It will be harder to dump if you have to reroll your cents.
    Ok thanks i will call some banks I was just planning on depositing the money from the pennys into my dump banks account. so if i have 10,000 dump pennys its 100$ that gets deposited.
    Rolls/Change

90% silver 0/50
    40% silver0/100

Jul 2012
    11 times
    If you're only sorting $100-300 dollars a week. It may not be that hard to find a couple banks that will allow you to bag your coin and have it counted then get credited to your account at a later point in time. Personally this is a fall back tactic for me with Half roll hunting, because it ties some funds up for 1-2 weeks. But for pennies it isn't that terrible. Bags are easier than hand rolling and coin counters, but you'll be delayed from getting the money. Also there's no way to argue the total if it seems off to you.

us
    Mangling rolls since '09

May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Where do you Ryedale owners sell your copper cents? I've still got a few hundred bucks' worth that I need to count and bag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors