Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: thinking of buying a COOL BLUE Ryedale Penny Sorter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Apr 2012
    116
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

    thinking of buying a COOL BLUE Ryedale Penny Sorter

    one question I have though is it can do like 10-15k pennies per hour, so what are the best ways to get like 50,000-100,000 pennies weekly without pissing off the banks?
    Goals


    wheats:41/100
    coppers:2000/15000


  2. #2
    us
    Oct 2011
    86
    30 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Order small amounts from multiple different banks. I ordered 20 boxes one week at my cu, and when I came to pick them up the teller told me her manager limited it to 5 boxes from now on...

  3. #3

    Apr 2012
    116
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleslick18 View Post
    Order small amounts from multiple different banks. I ordered 20 boxes one week at my cu, and when I came to pick them up the teller told me her manager limited it to 5 boxes from now on...
    so i could order like 4 from 5 different banks each week
    Goals


    wheats:41/100
    coppers:2000/15000


  4. #4
    us
    Dec 2009
    Brookland, AR
    E-trac, White's DFX
    2,066
    677 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you don't have them already, you'll need dump banks lined up as well as order banks. A Ryedale will be all but useless if you can't get rid of all the zincolns.

  5. #5

    May 2006
    CO, AZ
    dfx, Ryedale!
    1,653
    137 times
    I ordered 4 boxes ($100) from a total of 20 different banks. many of hte same bank, but different branches. PIcked them all up, and had 80 boxes. Did the same thing 2 weeks later, and they had no problem in it. Ordering only 4 boxes, only every other week, is something most branches are okay with.

    That gives you 160 boxes to start. Believe me, it will take a while to go through 160 boxes. In fact, I stocked up on a few hundred boxes before the end of the year, so that I got them before the new year influx came, diluting the copper even more. I still have about 30 boxes left from DECEMBER! I think I ordered 250 boxes or so. haven't ordered ANy since then, although if I had the time ot work these faster I would order long before I am out. This way it is not all at once for them. When i get down to about 10, I'll order 80 more. Still only 4 boxes from each branch, and branches I have not ordered pennies from since December. They don't consider that oo often or too much. :-)

    Dumping IS an issue though. I'm okay with that, but make sure you get that lined up, as about 80% of what you pick up goes back to the banks. Be aware of that.

  6. #6
    us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

    Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    7,437
    1308 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    i just went to the bank and asked for 2 boxes of pennies, got them... they look to be mostly new 2012 pennies though, so be aware of that too...
    hh
    buff
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

  7. #7
    us
    Apr 2011
    1,600
    674 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If u order small batches from several banks u are less likely to get 10 boxes of all new cents. Also, CWRs tend to produce higher rate of coppers for me... Get some of those

  8. #8

    Jul 2012
    86
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi MoneyBags,

    I think it really depends what works for you. Personally I am not willing to drive to 20 banks each week. That seems a little excessive and my car isn't great on gas. I would start out small and work your way up. You need to figure out where you're going to be returning the coin first. Ordering coin is easy.

    If you're sorting 100k a week a ryedale will open up your week. But if you're like me that free time will be filled by more sorting, ordering and returning.

    If you're just sorting for copper, and not looking for varieties/errors a ryedale isn't a bad investment. They are solid machines and worth the investment. The time you'll spend sorting will drop to a couple hours. Which is a great advantage.

    my 2 cents as a former Ryedale user...
    ~JobIII
    BuffaloBoy and MoneyBags like this.
    Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
    Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
    Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
    And Please: Like us on Facebook

  9. #9

    Apr 2012
    116
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by JobIII View Post
    Hi MoneyBags,

    I think it really depends what works for you. Personally I am not willing to drive to 20 banks each week. That seems a little excessive and my car isn't great on gas. I would start out small and work your way up. You need to figure out where you're going to be returning the coin first. Ordering coin is easy.

    If you're sorting 100k a week a ryedale will open up your week. But if you're like me that free time will be filled by more sorting, ordering and returning.

    If you're just sorting for copper, and not looking for varieties/errors a ryedale isn't a bad investment. They are solid machines and worth the investment. The time you'll spend sorting will drop to a couple hours. Which is a great advantage.

    my 2 cents as a former Ryedale user...
    ~JobIII
    thanks I would just call on the phone then pick them up when they get there and yea dumping the coins im not sure where i would do it yet.
    Goals


    wheats:41/100
    coppers:2000/15000


  10. #10
    us
    Jan 2012
    Wisconsin
    176
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Build your own sorter! I did it and so have many members on this site. If you like tinkering with electronics and figuring out how things work, you can build a sorter that can sort about the same capacity as a Ryedale for about $100 or less. If you have questions, all you have to do is search "penny sorter" in the search box and post it to one of the threads. If you are looking to fo the easy route, go with Ryedale, I have heard nothing but good things about the sorters!

  11. #11

    Jul 2012
    86
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you are good at tinkering maybe this is a good idea. Ryedale's are not exactly cheap machines. I personally was not able to construct a sorting device. Thought about it for a while then opted to just spend some cash on a professionally built sorter. I'm not gaining from supporting Ryedale's products. I just feel they are very efficient, reliable, have replaceable parts, and if you maintain your Ryedale it will have a high resale value (that is if you sell it while copper is still in circulation).
    Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
    Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
    Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
    And Please: Like us on Facebook

  12. #12

    Jul 2012
    86
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBags View Post
    thanks I would just call on the phone then pick them up when they get there and yea dumping the coins im not sure where i would do it yet.
    Where are you from? What state?
    Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
    Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
    Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
    And Please: Like us on Facebook

  13. #13

    Apr 2012
    116
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by JobIII View Post
    Where are you from? What state?
    oklahoma
    Goals


    wheats:41/100
    coppers:2000/15000


  14. #14

    Apr 2012
    116
    3 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jarlbartar View Post
    Build your own sorter! I did it and so have many members on this site. If you like tinkering with electronics and figuring out how things work, you can build a sorter that can sort about the same capacity as a Ryedale for about $100 or less. If you have questions, all you have to do is search "penny sorter" in the search box and post it to one of the threads. If you are looking to fo the easy route, go with Ryedale, I have heard nothing but good things about the sorters!
    I am not good with this sort of stuff I wish I was theres no way I could ever make one like Ryedale.

    Quote Originally Posted by JobIII View Post
    If you are good at tinkering maybe this is a good idea. Ryedale's are not exactly cheap machines. I personally was not able to construct a sorting device. Thought about it for a while then opted to just spend some cash on a professionally built sorter. I'm not gaining from supporting Ryedale's products. I just feel they are very efficient, reliable, have replaceable parts, and if you maintain your Ryedale it will have a high resale value (that is if you sell it while copper is still in circulation).
    Yea i think I will buy it soon I want to do a few more boxes by hand first.
    Goals


    wheats:41/100
    coppers:2000/15000


  15. #15

    Jul 2012
    86
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well I can't offer any advice for that state. If you were on the east coast I would suggest you look into returning coin to a TD Bank near you. They have coin counters.

    Before you buy a Ryedale. Find out how many banks in your area have coin counting machines. Avoid Coinstars because they will fee you. Most large chain banks have counters and lots of branches. This turns out to be a win-win for the sorters.

    ~JobIII
    Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
    Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
    Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
    And Please: Like us on Facebook

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Advise About Ryedale Sorter
    By Quick$ilver in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2011, 08:10 PM
  2. ryedale coin sorter
    By bgretz1989 in forum Treasure Related Stuff Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 28, 2010, 09:49 PM
  3. Copper penny sorter... Ryedale????
    By Shake-N-Bake in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2009, 08:59 PM
  4. Just bought my Ryedale Coin Penny Sorter paid for in 40%halfs
    By coincollector101 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2007, 05:08 PM
  5. Just Cleaned my Ryedale Sorter after 250,000 coins.
    By coincollector101 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2007, 03:13 PM

Search tags for this page

blue penny sorter
,
blue ryedale
,
penny sorter for sale
,
penny sorter machine
,
rydel sorter
,
ryedale craigslist
,
ryedale for sale
,
ryedale penny
,

ryedale penny sorter

,
ryedalepennysorter.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3