do you roll you unwanted coins?

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a about a dozen old canvas bank bags... I fill them up about half way each and can carry two at a time to the machine, dump, get my receipt and repeat!

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I just bring them in zip-lock bags or a canvas bag and dump them in the counter. For smaller dumps like a box of pennies I just use a generic zipper bank bag.

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a canvas bag for my halves and just dump in the coin counter. I usually re-roll my dimes when I get MWR's, I don't trust the counter to count those correctly. Just personal preference.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used canvas bags the bank gave me, or I use a kitty litter jug.

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im new to crh and only buy 4 rolls of halves per week. Since i love coins so much i just keep them all and ill save them for a rainy day lol!!!

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use plastic totes Ive never been able to score any canvas bags and I cant find them in stores.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Im new to crh and only buy 4 rolls of halves per week. Since i love coins so much i just keep them all and ill save them for a rainy day lol!!!

That diminishes your bankroll. If you deposited those skunk rolls, you could buy more every week.

OP
OP
M

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking of having a saving account at my dump bank so I could just deposit the value of the coins to my dump banks savings account. would that work too?

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank may be able to give you one if they have one.

Ive asked my main bank a couple times they never have any I dont really want to push it bags would be easier but totes work, Id order some of the internet but most places have a min order and I only need 2 with my volume.

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill still buy more no matter what. Id rather just save them for a rainy day or give them to my kids when they get older. I do have three so im sure that no matter how many i could possibly save it still wouldnt be enough lol.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Unwanted coins? I usually roll up all the Canadian change, (and I get a lot) dime rolls look short and I don't take any Canadian coinage to the bank so as not to tee off any tellers (learned my lesson with that).
I buy pop and stuff at convience stores

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The only coin I wrap is halves. Place them back into the box and take them to one of my banks. They are appreciative. Everything else I dump into used nickel boxes and take them to a bank with a machine. I use canvas bags and the bags can hold four full boxes. They are walking over to the machine when they see me pull up. The machine is pulled out for easier dumping. They are more than happy to help me. It also helps when your wife makes cakes to give them. When the nickel boxes wear out, they are recycled and a new one takes its place. Cent and dime boxes are too small. I don't do quarter boxes.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on where I'm taking my coins, I don't roll my coins if I'm taking them to my regular bank because they have a coin counter. Yesterday I rolled some nickels to take to a different bank. One time when I was picking up coins I asked for something to take them home and they gave me a canvas bag with 10¢ written in sharpie on the side. I also ask for zipper bank bags when I first go in a bank, I have about 5 or 6 now. When searching dimes I split it up in 50$ increments to make sure the machine is counting them correctly. I've never had to buy a bag to transport coins, I have another canvas bag that can hold about 2k in halves. Sometimes I worry about handles breaking but they've held up so far.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12x19 canvas bags, perfect size... i can thank db23 and many others for helping me switch to canvas bags, i will never go back!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread