Where is the scariest place you have coin roll hunted?

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How much does that piece of silver mean to you? List the scariest places you've hunted (you don't have to specify a city or town) or share a story of something that happened to you.

I haven't really been to any scary places but some of the places around DC I have been to have a police officer sitting at a desk in the lobby, not a security guard but an actual cop.

Upvote 0

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in new Hampshire do not too many scary places. But I've done a box of quarters in Manchester in the parking lot, but I also had my gun with me so..

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Paterson and Plainfield, NJ, without my firearm.

Drove through, stopped at a Wells Fargo, and got the hell out.

According to this list, it's #74 on the most dangerous places to live in America...

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/

Of course, Chester, PA, which is about 25 minutes from me, is #2, and there's a TD Bank right off I95 there, that I dump at approximately once a month. There's a cop stationed outside the bank at all times, though, and it's nestled in a college campus, plus the fact I'm very familiar with the area, makes it feel a fraction as dangerous as Paterson did.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact I can C&C helps. :)

Last edited:

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in my car in the parking lot for a local community college a few weeks ago going through a bunch of dimes and listening to the baseball game. It's summer break, so I was the only one around and could see all the entrances and exits. A sheriff's patrol car pulls into the lot and stops behind me, and he comes up to my window like he pulled me over. I was a little worried that I'd be arrested (trespassing?), my car would be towed and my coins would disappear from impound.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Detroit Michigan on 8 mile Road. Asked for loose halves and got some silver. All the tellers were behind bullet proof glass, and only one person at a time could be in there.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I delivered pizzas for years in a pretty violent city. We were the only shop in the city that would deliver anywhere, so most of our runs were to the worst streets imaginable. We wouldn't close down to 2-4am, I'd be going up to doors in the middle of the night in areas of the city were murders and robberies frequently happen with a wad of cash in my pocket. Didn't carry a gun or nothing. A lot of people I worked with got robbed at one point or another. Anyways, I'll CRH anywhere, nothings as bad as that job. Glad I moved up in the world or who knows what could've happened

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ac by the show boat. Its pretty bad.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I delivered pizzas for years in a pretty violent city. We were the only shop in the city that would deliver anywhere, so most of our runs were to the worst streets imaginable. We wouldn't close down to 2-4am, I'd be going up to doors in the middle of the night in areas of the city were murders and robberies frequently happen with a wad of cash in my pocket. Didn't carry a gun or nothing. A lot of people I worked with got robbed at one point or another. Anyways, I'll CRH anywhere, nothings as bad as that job. Glad I moved up in the world or who knows what could've happened
Off topic but years ago, in my area, 2 pizza delivery guys were making a delivery to an abandoned house that 2 men were hanging out in. When they showed up, the 2 punks shot them both dead. They wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.
Probably the scariest was not from location but from another customer. This guy was so irate that he was being charged to use penny arcade as a non customer, he was cursing out all the tellers, banging things around and punching the glass door on the way out. That's probably the scariest situation i've ever encountered.

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East Cleveland. All the banks out there you have to go through two sets of doors. Only one will open at a time and more often than not there is an armed guard in lobby.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off topic but years ago, in my area, 2 pizza delivery guys were making a delivery to an abandoned house that 2 men were hanging out in. When they showed up, the 2 punks shot them both dead. They wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.
Probably the scariest was not from location but from another customer. This guy was so irate that he was being charged to use penny arcade as a non customer, he was cursing out all the tellers, banging things around and punching the glass door on the way out. That's probably the scariest situation i've ever encountered.

I've pulled up to addresses that had ordered pizza only to find them abandoned and bordered up and the phone line dead. Didn't get out of my car on those ones! scary stuff.

That irate guy sounds more like my usual customer :laughing7: I hear you on that one, it's scary to see someone in a rage, you never know what the heck they're gonna do

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Not really any very scary places, but I'm allways a little nervous getting from the bank with coin to my truck. Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh boy.... i was at a bank once for a box of nickels(a mistake), in a ghetto town, i walked in the bank and had 3 guys stare me down, not to mention they were gang members... i could've swore the bank would have been robbed just by the look on their face.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in my car in the parking lot for a local community college a few weeks ago going through a bunch of dimes and listening to the baseball game. It's summer break, so I was the only one around and could see all the entrances and exits. A sheriff's patrol car pulls into the lot and stops behind me, and he comes up to my window like he pulled me over. I was a little worried that I'd be arrested (trespassing?), my car would be towed and my coins would disappear from impound.

...and?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clorox, you're in the car in a community college parking lot, i don't think you're trespassing... what's the difference from the community college parking lot and the mall parking lot? not much...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread