Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a way to ban the discussions on coin marking or coin painting? Those always seem to be the threads that start the wars.

I understand where you're coming from, but that isn't the answer. Thats never the answer IMO. That would be like banning automobiles because a few people drive while intoxicated.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For now they will no longer be allowed and will be deleted when found.

Seriously? If you're going to ban all threads on which a disagreement might arise, I'm afraid we'll quickly run out of topics about which to post.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome thread! Simply awesome. No, I'm not adding fuel to the fire. Just as a sometime contributor, I found this to be hilarious. Please recognize this is based exclusively on less than all the information. Evidence has been excluded here and what I'm left to look through is just plain funny.

For those who Believe we went Overboard Banning Him.

this is the edited version of what he came back to post.

It has been edited to Protect tim
not to hide why we felt it had to be done

Ha, gotta love powertripping moderators.

I didn't threaten TimZim any more than he threatened me... he implied that he'd dump in my turf, effectively ruining my hobby for a month, and via private message, I told him that if he dumps in my turf and my boxes go to crap with painted sh!t that is clearly his, there will be repercussions, namely I will hand his name and location over to the IRS to let them look into things. There's nothing more the IRS loves to do than get an excuse to look into the finances of small business owners. I warned him that he best not sell any silver he doesn't plan on reporting as income. I don't think our friend Timmy realized how much private information I could glean out of a few small details (Tim is his first name, removed is the beginning of his last name... he lives in removed, within not-too-bad driving distance of removed given how much he dumps there...) that he's given up online.

I actually managed to figure out who his ex-wife is (removed) and am going to email her today with some details about his new hobby and see if she knows about removed All public record and all easily accessible to anybody who has half a clue as to how to use google and state court records sites. You ain't leading a good life, Mr. removed
By the way, thanks to moderation here banning me and then airing what was a private issue in public, I'm reporting him to the IRS either way. My buddy from HS who was recently hired as a fraud claims analyst (or something, I don't know his exact job title) should be super-interested to hear about this. Hey... don't hate the player, hate the game... I'm just doing my patriotic duty and reporting a possible removed.

Lastly, a little note to Mr. removed of removed... you've been a real removed to a lot of people in your life.

Was this not Powertripping ?

I know the other Mods feel like me.
we hate Banning anyone. & when it has to be done, it's usually
a Slap on the wrist ban.( Maybe I shouldn't admit that :tongue3: )

But Researching someones Life, to get even is just scary,
and may be considered stalking, when they show Proof they did it online by posteng names and addresses along with Histories, whether he got the right person or not, may also be illegal

Last edited:

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
For now they will no longer be allowed and will be deleted when found.

I totally agree with Arkie. Coin marking is obviously a huge and controversial issue in the world of roll hunting. If people can't control themselves and do something against the rules, punish that person. Do not end the debate. CIVIL and RESPECTFUL debate, sharing, and learning is a big part of why we are all here in the first place. If some people aren't mature enough to handle it, then they don't belong on this forum.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one quick point, one that going to sound dickish which is not the point at all. This is just a reminder that the 1st Amendment is applicable ONLY to the government putting restrictions upon free speach. TNet can restrict whatever they like (and they do obviously!). I only bring this up as it's a pet peev of mine, like some folks have when the coin with Lincoln on it is called a "penny" instead of a "cent".

On to less serious topics like the pure joy of finding a Franklin in a customer wrapped roll.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously? If you're going to ban all threads on which a disagreement might arise, I'm afraid we'll quickly run out of topics about which to post.

If you look you will see I said "for now".

Topics that constantly caused major problems can be locked or removed if needed, it is nothing new. If all members would follow the rules it wouldn't be necessary but a few people refuse to do so and instead create problems for all. This same topic has been locked 2 other times for same issues..

It is like the topic detecting grave yards, it has had be locked on more than a few times.

Last edited:

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods, I saw the post that jeff put up in it's entirety when merc posted it this morning. You are right, it is just plain scary that someone would go that far to try and shame someone. My opinion is that you should send his IP and posts to the local police in his jurisditction to have it on file in case anything crazy comes forth. That is a moral responsibility of any forum owner. Anyone that feels that they have a "turf" in any hobby is a few tacos short of a combination plate.

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
For those who Believe we went Overboard Banning Him.

this is the edited version of what he came back to post.

It has been edited to Protect tim
not to hide why we felt it had to be done

Was this not Powertripping ?

I know the other Mods feel like me.
we hate Banning anyone. & when it has to be done, it's usually
a Slap on the wrist ban.( Maybe I shouldn't admit that :tongue3: )

But Researching someones Life, to get even is just scary,
and may be considered stalking, when they show Proof they did it online by posteng names and addresses along with Histories, whether he got the right person or not, may also be illegal

I lurk nearly every day. Sometimes a few times a day. However, I don't comment much.

I've been around long enough to see those who really contribute to a conversation and those who just act like dopes. My OPINION is this: deal with a dope who breaks TN rules, but to delete a thread because it *might* cause debate? Silly. With 150 thread views and 25 comments, you can expect people to have differing views. It's what makes us each unique and interesting. If I don't listen and evaluate for myself the views of another, though they may be contrary than my own, I then limit my personal growth and understanding.

I realize this thread is about Merc. Sure, ban him for threats, but to eliminate any conversation about a real occurrence in the coin roll hunting community is silly. But... it's not my forum and I have nothing invested here, so it ain't my ship to sink.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The posting of personal and confidential information is a legal liability for both the board and the person who posted it. Not to mention threatening to file false reports with government agencies.

Id like to thank the mods and admin for taking out the trash on this one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said it is "for now" that means temporarily....

Straight from rules and terms every member here agrees to when they register....

"We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal."

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look you will see I said "for now".

Topics that constantly caused major problems can be locked or removed if needed, it is nothing new. If all members would follow the rules it wouldn't be necessary but a few people refuse to do so and instead create problems for all. This same topic has been locked 2 other times for same issues..

It is like the topic detecting grave yards, it has had be locked on more than a few times.

Believe me, I understand completely. But, while indeed more simple, is it ever correct to punish the whole class for one/a few unruly student(s)?

There are endless controversial subjects in the world that can and do invoke anger and even hostility. Many of these subjects have no "correct" answer and are open to debate, and therein lies the true value of an open forum on which to debate those subjects. There will always be people on either side of a particular issue whose opinion will never sway. However, there will usually be as many (if not more) that are unsure/undecided. The open discussion of the topic allows those "on the fence" to hear both sides of the matter and decide for themselves. To completely ban the topic serves nothing.

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Believe me, I understand completely. But, while indeed more simple, is it ever correct to punish the whole class for one/a few unruly student(s)?

There are endless controversial subjects in the world that can and do invoke anger and even hostility. Many of these subjects have no "correct" answer and are open to debate, and therein lies the true value of an open forum on which to debate those subjects. There will always be people on either side of a particular issue whose opinion will never sway. However, there will usually be as many (if not more) that are unsure/undecided. The open discussion of the topic allows those "on the fence" to hear both sides of the matter and decide for themselves. To completely ban the topic serves nothing.

randy.jpg

:laughing7:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did the right thing. merc sounded very hostile and just plain scary as to go that far over paint and if a topic is gonna continue cause problems then delete it what he did is called stalking and shoulkd be reported to the police as far as im concerned

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no problem with a member being banned for threatening another member. This is a place to share your finds, and storys. Not to attack other members because they got the better find. As far as the marking coins thing, if you don't like finding marked coins, stop crhing. I find marked coins all the time, and think "I like a little competition.". I mark coins too. We should act as we would in person. I bet you wouldn't complain to someone in person about getting marked coins, or threaten someone in person. Just saying. Here's my 2 cent piece.

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tim is a good guy, come on, if any of us could do the volume he does, we would...
hh
buff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread