maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
When I hunt dimes( which is not very often) I will allways try for CWR's, I will usually find 1 silver in a 100.00 worth, if I'm lucky. I just posted a 1941 Merc I found a couple of days ago out of 250.00 in CWR's. That was a fluke though to find one of those. But my best luck has been with CWR's. Good luck, maverick.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I agree with Maverick about dimes.

Go to banks, and ask for "rolls of dimes that customers bring in".
Don't forget to ask for any half dollars that the tellers have.

When you start out, you may have to sell some of your dimes to a coin shop so that you can have a bigger bank roll.

The trick to staying active in CRH'ing is DON'T SPEND YOUR BANKROLL!

Best to ya....Keep on Rollin' !

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could do one box of cents and ten rolls of dimes. Or hit the nickels looking for silver war nicks. This could get you started but really you need to increase the bankroll IMHO. Most hunters want to stack the silver and hold it long term. If you find a few silver dimes or nicks and sell them it's not really going to help the bankroll that much. Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Thanks I'll try to pick up a roll here and there and see how I do! I might just pick up a few rolls every week when I go pick up my 2 boxes of pennies. :icon_thumright:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

When you start out, you may have to sell some of your dimes to a coin shop so that you can have a bigger bank roll.

Oops, ya, I forgot about the halves, definetly, always ask for those! I ask every I go, not only banks. Good call there Piledriver.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio

Yeah I sort of just spent $25 of it to golf 3 days ago...

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's summer - do some odd jobs around your neighborhood, once you get $500 buy a box of halves, search for silver - dump the rest and repeat!

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you need one of these:
100.jpg
This has been a useless post, I know.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper...
Use that $75 and buy CWR'd halves... Call all the banks around & just go through them all, $75 at a time. You will build your bankroll really fast... Soon you'll be ordering 10 boxes at a time!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mow some lawns, do yardwork, whatever, it is summertime, you're 16 get a job = more bankroll.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
baddbluff said:
Copper...
Use that $75 and buy CWR'd halves... Call all the banks around & just go through them all, $75 at a time. You will build your bankroll really fast... Soon you'll be ordering 10 boxes at a time!

You see I have already ran into 2 coin roll hunters in my area when going to banks so I feel I will just get their dumps. I have $175.00 I made on online poker from free rolling but that would take 4-6 weeks to get here. :(

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Bigheed said:
mow some lawns, do yardwork, whatever, it is summertime, you're 16 get a job = more bankroll.

I've applied at 8 places haven't heard back and put flyers in newspaper boxes around the neighborhood and I get $40 a week from people that hire me.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Nickel Searcher 219 said:
Online Poker seems a little sketchy.I am pretty sure thats illegal where I live if You are not 21.

Well 18 and yes it illegal for me but I don't see it as an issue since I haven't made a deposit.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've applied at 8 places haven't heard back and put flyers in newspaper boxes around the neighborhood and I get $40 a week from people that hire me.

Go back or call back and speak to the managers directly....it shows a a little initiative and may just get you in the door. If you wait for them to call you back....its not happening in this economy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions