Funny Change Find.....

deeptarget

Mar 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife had a doctors app. so instead of waiting at the office the coin shop was a few doors down. Was enjoying myself looking around when i thought i would do something nice for the wife. she is still lugging around the six pence from our wedding in her purse so i thought i would buy her a plastic case for it. I know i know above and beyond right. LOL. anyways to make a long story short in my change from the sale mind you i am in a retail coin shop. low and behold BAM!! a 1964 silver dime. just goes to show even the pros don't know to check there own tills. and to think the only silver change find i have ever had came from a coin shop. I just found it very ironic.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow interesting... my local coin shop used to have tons of modern BU coins in their cash register... BU Pennies from the 60's and 70's... same for the nickels, and always brand new quarters, dimes, etc. never gotten silver before. in fact, i've seen them even check the change too
hh
buff

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing like that happened to me when I was buying coins from a flea market vendor a few weeks back... I bought a few Morgan and Peace Dollars for well below spot price, he didn't know the value and didn't seem to care when I tried to tell him - so I grabbed up on it before someone else. Anyways, he gave me my change with a silver certificate.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to gain repeat business, I have heard of coin shops intentionally using wheaties and low grade/no-date V/buffalo nickels when giving change. This might have been one of those situations. Regardless, its a nice little bonus!

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spidy neat.jpg

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. Everytime I buy silver (my dealer sells silver or only a few cents over spot) or 2x2's I usually get back a 1976 2 dollar bill or brand new bills or coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread