Trying To Get Back In The Game

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't searched anything in about two months as I've been busy moving and starting a new job. Still been checking out everyone else's finds almost every day, but it's been killing me to go without silver for so long. In the last couple weeks I've tried finding a bank to order boxes for me, but so far none are willing or they won't do it without a fee. To top it off I don't have many banks close by; most I have to drive an hour to get to.

Last week the wife went to LA and was able to pick up a box of halves and $1K in dimes. The halves turned out to be someone's dumps, I could tell because the wrappers were marked with a small red pen mark. The frustrating part was someone tried to rewrap the rolls to make them look like they were unopened. I still don't understand why some people go through the trouble of doing that. Anyway, had a little better luck with the dimes...4 silver Roosies and a 1941 Merc! This is only the second Merc I have found roll searching, so I was pretty happy with that.

Good luck to everybody this week.

Upvote 0

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck finding a bank to order for you! Must suck being so far away from most of the banks in your area!! Keep on hunting!

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
your trouble sounds familiar. You still hunting the same area, or has your job moved you to a distant new location? Good luck. I'm taking a break myself but am having fun watching others. I still have about $20 in pennies left to keep me busy (-: haha

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you live so far out in the sticks maybe you should start mining for silver instead of looking for it in coin rolls :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread