Real Wives of Coin Roll Hunters ;P

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm the wife of a coin roll hunter. In fact, he's sitting in his room going through nickels as I type. Sometimes he's sweet & saves a box of halves for me if it has a lot of enders (like one the other day with 7 enders of which we ended up with 1 1964 & 30 something 40%ers). I was just wondering....how many of you out there are females? or have wives that help you coin roll hunt? It's not really my hobby (although I do appreciate the opportunity it gives us to gain free money & put that towards a savings) but I do enjoy spending time with my husband doing it occassionally & helping him by picking up coins for him or dumping for him if he's working. I think more women should support our men & help them bring home that silver baby!!!!

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree - My lady is still in the fog as to what it takes to bring in the silver.

And I don't think she'll understand the importance of it until we are burning our paper notes in the fireplace to keep warm.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife thinks it takes up a little too much of my time some days, I don't think she quite grabs the benefit of doing this now and the benefit it will have later in life, but she does help me every so often when I need it and will take dumps to the bank for me once in a while( so the bank doesn't get sick of seeing my face) and that does help. You guys arent too far from me, I'm in Florida too. Good luck, Maverick

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my wife took awhile to get it --but once I cashed out $100 extra in cash (from the silver we found) from 150 worth of halves we picked up at the bank while in route to my local coin store -- since in only a few minutes we made 100 bucks more that the start up $150 we started with she "got it" rapidly and became vey supportive -- since she sen it "pay its own way" plus profiet

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife tolerates it usually but, the other day I was on the couch, she came, sat on my lap and sorted some pennies. She was blocking my light though, so I made her quit that.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing that "Mrs CRH" is actually a man....lol.

It's a recent banned memeber, logging in from a public computer. <-- a guess

But I'll play along with Mrs CRH. BTW, has anyone seen Cat Fish? A really good movie, for those who deal with online personalities ( and we all do )

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a third generation coin collector, coin roll hunter but most importantly a woman.

Even though I'm 25 and single, my friends don't get it but it has already had its advantages ;)

Last edited:

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a third generation coin collector, coin roll hunter but most importantly a woman.

Even though I'm 25 and single, my friends don't get it but it has already had its advantages ;)

What 25 and single? Wanna get married? We can combine bank rolls lol

OP
OP
Mrs.CRH

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome, Queen!! Keep up the good work & keep your family's hobby alive!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
When I get boxes of halves, my sister helps me once in a while.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA! Whoa major mistake - I'm 26, can you tell I was up late last night CRHing?

Hey ihittheskislopes - Sure ;) just remember I only accept gold as the wedding gift!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every weekend I visit my girlfriend I bring two boxes of halves. She loves going through them. of course, she also loves trying to keep all the silver and it's all me in terms of bankroll picking up and dumping. I consider it an appeasement to the gods of male/female relationships. she gets some silver out of the deal, I'm allowed to talk about CRH all time time and CRH whenever I went, even on long car rides! hahahaha. really she's cool though

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA! Whoa major mistake - I'm 26, can you tell I was up late last night CRHing?

Hey ihittheskislopes - Sure ;) just remember I only accept gold as the wedding gift!

I think gold is over valued, silver is where its at. Maybe this mariage wont work lol

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I married a girl at the bank. She's always bringing home some great silver finds including solid silver rolls, and good leads to silver buys. I just sit back and stack! To top it off, she lets me bring in full coinloks and I get cash instantly. Other than that, she shares no interest in the hobby.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every weekend I visit my girlfriend I bring two boxes of halves. She loves going through them. of course, she also loves trying to keep all the silver and it's all me in terms of bankroll picking up and dumping. I consider it an appeasement to the gods of male/female relationships. she gets some silver out of the deal, I'm allowed to talk about CRH all time time and CRH whenever I went, even on long car rides! hahahaha. really she's cool though
This is a great idea. When I get my first 90% half I'm gonna give it to my wife and see what happens...hehehe, (rubbing my palms together in a mischievous manner).. If only I can get her into it. Double the bankroll double the labor = double the fun, double the silver!

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I've had both lungs collapse and smoke two packs a day so if I overexert myself I know how a goldfish flopping on the floor feels so my wife helps me carry boxes if I have more than two. We have been together for 37 years, married for 32, and have a 26 year old son who lives in Orlando. We have always done things that we liked together from raising dogs, two Siberian Huskies, that had two litters of five pups each and after them a Morristown Seeing Eye Foundation German Shepherd we raised who didn't make it that we got to keep. In the old days working on or cleaning and then just cruising around in our Mopars, a 71 GTX with a 67 440, a couple of 70 AAR Cuda's, one that I bought for my wife on her 17Th birthday so she could drive me to work on the RR while my license was suspended. While I am semiretired now, we have a bunch of Orchids, plants, and fruit trees on our property that she takes care of while I go through the coins which hopefully will help her if and when something happens to me. Every coin I find, I bring and show her so it is kind of like we are doing it together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread