How long will we see new coin

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen a couple of people post about getting 2012 coins when they go to the bank. Well today I started going to a new bank and I got 2012's for the first time. I also got $10 in CWR cents and there was a 1935 wheat back looking out at me :happy3:

The question is, how long do you think banks will keep getting brand new 2012 coins? I stopped by 3 branches and got MWR from two of them and they were both 2012. I'm going to swing by again next week to see if they have any CWRs but I don't want to pick up any of the 2012 stuff if I don't have to.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probrably well into 2012 as i just stoppe dgetting solid 2011 boxes 2 months ago;... by then, the 2013 coins will be flooding the market... it's a losing battle, all my dimes have been solid 2012/2011 now, with a few non-solid boxes.

OP
OP
unclehuckelberry

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The bank told me they could order halves so I might take them up on it since halves are not made for circulation anymore. The wrappers are brown (nickels were sky blue and brown and dimes were green and brown) so I'm not sure who they come from. I'm used to the white and yellow wrappers.

OP
OP
unclehuckelberry

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, I might give them a chance. Who is black and white for halves? I have another bank where I could get those in a double stack box.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had black and white rolls and yellow and white rolls. I prefer yellow and white... The black and white ones have been close to skunks for me.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Crazy thing is I dump at brinks and buy at brinks and I still get great finds. I haven't done pennies or dimes from brinks since June because i've gotten solid 2012. Now only if my boxes of halves were solid 2012:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions